Thursday, August 16, 2012

Lesson Learned

Rory is interested in playing basketball this year.  She's tall and has long fingers, so we're going to give it a try.  We bought her a basketball, and she's practicing in the house.  My parents NEVER allowed ball in the house, so I squirm every time that darn thing hits the hardwood floor.  

I took her out to the park today to practice some.  Logan and Marley weren't really patient, but they let us get in some shots.  I really enjoy basketball.  When I was younger my school had tryouts.  I went to the tryouts but I didn't tryout.  I just hung out because I didn't want to join the team.  I was shy, and I didn't like any attention.  I ended up joining in on the practice.  I did pretty good.  I made the team, but I didn't join it.  I couldn't bring myself to do it.  I didn't have the self-esteem.  I don't want that for Rory.  If I had a do-over, I would play basketball.  Lesson learned.  The end.

1 comment:

  1. I had a similar experience with lacrosse. Got all the pads, stick, etc. and got all nervous about joining the team. I see that in Logan but not Rory. I think she is a social butterfly and craves the attention. I wonder where she got that from?

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...