****FIRST...THE DISCLAIMER****
It is with love for all of you that I post the following entry. Embarrassment is just the beginning in a long line of emotions felt from posting this. I believe that as a blogger, you make a promise with your audience to be real, so this is me in my truest form. Don't say I didn't warn you. :)
The other day I announced to the kids that I was going to teach them how to do the worm (yes, the one where you make your body do the wave on the floor). Kevin said that he didn't think this was a good idea because I'm *ahem* 35. It was this statement that brought out my sass. Don't tell me I can't do something because of my age. I preceded to get down on the floor and show the kids in slow motion. Even Kaelyn came out of her room for this entertainment. I tried to speed up the action, but my body didn't do what I was telling it to do. I looked forward (biggest mistake in the worm rule book) and busted my lip. I knew I had hit it, but it wasn't until Logan asked me why my lip was bleeding that I paid attention. Kaelyn snapped a shot of it.
Just from this picture alone, you HAVE to feel loved. Do you?
Afterwards, Kevin did his little "I told you so" without saying the actual words. Something that started with, "Well, honey. What did you think would happen?" or something like that. I complained that it was the lack of carpeting in the living room since it was just an area rug. Marley and I went downstairs where I did the worm successfully three times in a row. It probably didn't look pretty, but I did it. Marley is my witness. :)
Later that evening, I asked Kaelyn if she did indeed get a video of the whole incident. She had her phone held up, and I told her she better not be taking video. She said she wasn't...for the record. She fessed up and showed it to me. So...here it goes. Here's the video.
Every now and then I get really excited for a blog. I hope you enjoy it as much as I am embarrassed from it.
.jpg)
Go ahead with your bad 35-year-old self!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThe words "Marley is my witness" don't mean very much! Haha ... All you have to do is tell her, Marley, that you will give her some gum and she will agree with anything! I love it when the kids ask me to do stuff like that. I get to say that I USED to do it but there is no way I could do it now. I wish we had mini HD mini cams when I was a kid so I could use that video and show them. I think we have a great shot at 100,000 dollars from America's Funniest Videos though!
ReplyDelete