My baby is turning four today. FOUR! According to plan, here is her acrostic. (Shout out again to Beckie for this brilliant idea that I stole from her!) I'm going to use her given name of Marley as opposed to her many nicknames such as; Mar, Mars, Marbars, Marmar, Marscapone. Rory and Logan call her Marsbars.
M- MISCHIEVOUS Marley is very smart. Smart enough to get into just enough trouble on her own, let alone with one of her older siblings. MIRACLE She should not have been born a healthy baby or at all for that matter. She is a force.
A- ACTIVE She is almost always moving. One in a while she will want to cuddle with you on the couch, but she is mainly moving. Her preferred mode of transportation is jumping. When she dances she looks like she's doing the pony (for you visual people out there).
R- RAMBUNCTIOUS Are you seeing a theme here? There is one thing to be said about this child...she likes order. She's a helper, an organizer, a cleaner (we're working on that last part), but she definitely likes things a certain tidy way. It's not OCD...yet. She might be like her daddy in that department.
L- LOVING Marley takes care of everyone she can whenever she can. I see this mainly with Logan. I've already talked about how she takes him to the bathroom or just upstairs and downstairs in homes. He was complaining to Kevin today that he hit his arm on something, and Marley walked up and kissed it. When he forgets his drink, she'll get it for him. She does things for Rory too, but Logan normally requires more attention. ;) She's probably spoiling him. I'm hoping this situation reverses in the teen years.
E- EAGER She's normally the first to respond when a request is asked. She's actually a very good listener in the, "get your shoes on" and "grab a snack and drink and head to the car" scenarios. She wants to vacuum, bake, iron, sew, if Rory and Logan are doing it, she's up for it.
Y- YUCKOMAMA I can't think of anything for a "Y". This is a phrase coined by Marley. I think Kevin was saying Yuckorama, but Marley changed it to this. It's hilarious. I just can't believe she's four.
She had her first day of preschool today. We home school, but there are a few things going on that need my focus in home schooling right now to have Marley roaming and ruining the house while working with the others. (Can you diagram that sentence?) Here are some pics of her first day.
Mars with her Thirty-One tote bag. She picked the outfit and hair, and we got her name written on it. Oh, and I didn't pick her outfit today either. She chose that Thirty-one shirt all by herself. :)
Happy Birthday, Marley! I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two for Two!
I made it back, and it wasn't that long! Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026. Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...


Wow. A four year old Marley! It's Ripley's and it's true. They are all getting so much older.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Marley. I love you with all my heart! I hope your day is filled with happiness. One of the biggest things everyone here is talking about is the ability to "go into the back." The gym we go to has a kids club. The 3 and under crowd has to stay in one part. The 4 and overs get to play in the back part which is full of tumble mats, a short rock wall, and padded obstacles. They play all manners of games back there and Marley now gets to join in. It's kinda a big deal.