Sunday, December 2, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up/Happy Birthday, Papa!

***I REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT I CANNOT FIND MY CAMERA TO ADD PICTURES TO THIS POST.***

Rory had her first basketball scrimmage this weekend.  They lost an unfair match-up against a team of gigantors.  It was a good learning experience for the girls and coaches.  Her first game is this Saturday.  Apparently tomorrow and Tuesday are supposed to be pretty warm for December, so I'm going to get her to the court for some practice before the game.  Rory tends to rush at dribbling rather than slowing down and focusing first to learn it better.  I have NO idea where she gets that from.  Kevin?  :)

After her game, I had a Thirty-One party.  That went really well, and I came back to the house to anxious kids patiently awaiting the mother they missed.  WRONG!  I told them we would decorate the tree when I got home, so I walked in to them rearing to go.  Kevin had taken the kids to Walmart before I got home and got the lights on, so we did the ornaments and stockings.  It was a good time with our dinky tree, and we got it done fast.

Today was Papa's birthday.  We went to Mass, picked up Kaelyn from work, and headed down to their place for dinner.  This was when I discovered that I lost my camera.  So I have no pictures of Papa's birthday celebration, but I think he liked it.  Speaking of which, here is Papa's birthday acrostic.

P-PATIENT  and if you believe that, you've never met the man!  I'm kidding a little.  Papa is not a very patient man when it comes to Pizza Hut or waiting in lines at stores.  Around his grandchildren, his patience abounds!  He lets them crawl on him, grab at him, talk his ear off even though he can't hear them or understand what they're saying, or beg for a new game to be added to the iPad.  I don't think his own kids were so lucky.  ;)  
A- ABRUPT  I'm not going to go into the whole phone thing, but you know what I'm talking about.  Papa is a no nonsense kind of guy.  There is no fluff in his talk.  He is to the point and that's that.  No need to waste breath.  Occasionally, you'll find him in a good mood and he'll talk your ear off.  He has been known to tell some jokes too.  
P- PERTECT  This is how Marley says perfect.  It's so cute, so I thought I'd use it when Kevin said it.  Papa is pertect to his grandkids.  He can do no wrong.  Unless you want to talk about how hard he love taps Logan, but we won't get into that.  His grandchildren think he's the greatest, and that's how it should be.
A- ANALYTICAL  I had to do one that makes sense.  He analyzes everything.  There is no simple answer.  (There is no spoon.)  If presented with a situation, he will always find the best possible solution given the circumstances in his opinion.  He may be wrong sometimes, but he always has your best interest at heart.  

Happy Birthday, Papa!  We love you! 

1 comment:

  1. It was a pretty packed weekend. Rory is an awesome defender jumping around blocking the person that comes in her zone. The team needs to get better at offense though. They are still very timid when it comes to running plays. I know that will come in time and in practice. This is the first year for a lot of the girls.

    Papa's a great Grandfather but he is a great Father too. I think it was a small miracle he pushed himself to go into DC on the Metro to sit in support of his son for three days. He means an awful lot to the people around him and I think that speaks well his character.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...