I had chemo on Friday, and I decided to take pictures, so you guys could see what it entails. Actually, I had Kevin take pictures, so most of the first ones aren't going to be posted. He had the nerve to take a picture of them weighing me! Looking through the pics on the camera, it didn't seem like you could read the weight, but when I uploaded them it was there! Sorry. You won't be seeing it. Let's roll film...
This is the water fountain in the waiting room. If I have to use the restroom even in the slightest, this feature turns it into a must go.
Me waiting to be called back. Have you ever seen the movie Big Daddy? Remember when the little boy feels better when he wears the sunglasses? Like no one can see him? That's my red hat for me.
I can never look. They draw blood first, then start the meds.
Nothing is done until the bloodwork comes back. My white blood cell count was pretty low, but not low enough for them to pull the plug on the treatment. I love the little netting band. It makes it all feel more secure.
Kevin said to add the picture of me laughing. I don't remember what I was laughing at.
First on the scene is Benadryl. My first chemo appt. they gave me a high dose, and it knocked me out! Since then I only get half of that. I used to get Steroids too, but they thought they were causing my headaches. These are given first along with Tylenol pills to ward off any reactions to the medicine. (*whispering* It has mouse protein in it!) Kevin does NOT like mice. I'll explain later.
They have heated blankets there. They are WONDERFUL! It was pretty chilly by the window, but I love my window seat. I started reading....
Then my Benadryl kicked in. Normally I would be fine, but it knocked me out this time. I asked the nurse if she gave me the lower dosage, and she assured me she did. I was loopy and then out.
During this time, they started the treatment. They have a little sheet with the intervals that they up the meds. This is so if my nurse goes to lunch, and my box beeps, another nurse knows where we are in the process. I did not have my normal nurse at this appt. She doesn't work on Fridays. I had another nice nurse I had once before. I did not get the MEAN one. Thank goodness!
Kevin says I was out for a while.
Done. This is why I love the window seats...the sun shines on me. I finished about 1245p. They went a little bit slower since it had been a couple months since my last chemo.
Finis! That's how it goes. One more to go that we know of in March. Then we reevaluate. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Last Melon
Guess what?! The last and youngest has turned 18! It's hard to believe. Almost as hard as it is that she'll be leaving for coll...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...
I took a lot more than that!! Oh yeah, A LOT of them ended up on the "cutting room floor." The "talent" had a problem with them or something. She always does such a great job at those. Sit here and wait, sit there and wait, finally, sit here and wait some more. I couldn't imagine the nerves and strength it takes to do something like that. I know I don't have it.
ReplyDeleteThey have WiFi in the building so I get to work while Nora is out. There is very obvious reason I don't like going to those (Nora HAS to go to them) but there are others that you don't really think about until you get there. All the other people that HAVE to go there as well. I know there is no choice, no one wants it, but I say HAVE to go and not get to go. You look around the room and see all the other people that are still going as well. It breaks your heart to hear all the stories or know that they are all in the same boat. Some worse than others of course but all still battling their own body's to stay alive. I dare not ask why God would allow such a thing to happen now. I just pray for them and for all who are touched by such things being in the world. I find I don't have enough time in adoration, let alone the day, to pray for them all. I know we'll have to go back there so i'll put on my Mickey Mouse "Nerds Rock" hoodie and at least some will smile when they see it.