Sorry about not blogging. We've been crazy busy. This past weekend we finished up our Dave Ramsey course at church. It was a success, and we're thinking about teaching it again in the fall. We'll have to check in with kid coverage and interest, so we'll see. Saturday was gym, birthday party, dinner, church, bed. Sunday was Ikea and tackling Kaelyn's room. Her dresser broke and she needed some sort of clothing storage and clutter control storage. We're hoping what we got is sufficient. I think it might be with her going through her things rather than just keeping everything because it's already there. Her clothing is already looking better at half it's size. She still has miles to go before she sleeps. Good thing it's spring break at school, and she only has to work evenings. ;)
Monday brought snow, and even though we home school there is still such a thing as a snow day. It's just not what you think. We still have school, and technically there should be no change, but the kids go CRAZY! I don't know what it is. I found myself bawling in the bathroom by 1030a that morning. I came out and got the kids ready to go outside. Then I got ready...and I went outside.
Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not what you would call an "outside" person. Kevin takes the kids out to play. I go every now and then, but I can't tell you the last time I played in the snow. I can tell you the last time I made a snowman was when I was 8yo with my friend, Mary Kay.
I think I need some practice, but I did it. I think it did everyone good. The kids went out with Kevin later, so they got some extra play. The evening brought a gym class, so that helped. And because they were acting the farthest from angels, I made them make some...hoping it would infuse into them.
In case you're wondering...my infusion wish didn't happen. There's always the next snow, which around here could happen at any moment.
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two for Two!
I made it back, and it wasn't that long! Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026. Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...





Yeah... This is the end of March people. We are well into "Spring" and got 4 inches of snow. GO HOME SPRING YOUR DRUNK! It's all good though, Phil's "handler" says that he is sorry for the prediction and it was his "mistake."
ReplyDeleteNora did surprise me by going out with the kids. I know she would do absolutely anything for them and loves them with all her heart and soul. Now, having said that there are some things that I do that she doesn't. Just like there are some things she does that I don't. Nora usually stays inside and then cleans up kids as they drop off and go in. It's a system and it works for us. This time, however, she got them ready, took them out, played a long time with them, and then I made hot chocolate when they came back inside. It was awesome! I'm going to have to be on the "staying-inside-relaxing" side more often now ;)