A couple of weeks ago, my friend and I planned a field trip to Dinosaur Land. This was quite a ways away from our house, so it required a lot of planning. We would be out for lunch too. I wasn't looking forward to it, but I was excited to take the kids somewhere. It's been a while since we had a field trip.
The morning of the field trip, Kevin surprised us by planning on coming with us. A field trip is exciting enough, but daddy coming? Oh, that's just gravy!
We set out in Kevin's sedan. I hate taking this car because the kids fight sitting all next to each other. We decided to take the portable DVD with us, and we hardly heard a peep except for who had to share the screen with whom. It took about an hour and a half to get there.
My friend was running late, so we went in without her. It's basically a huge gift shop with a backyard full of paper mache dinosaurs. It took us about 20 minutes to walk around the whole place, and my friend wasn't there yet. We hung out and took pictures waiting for her. Let me take you on a tour.
This place had more than just dinosaurs.
I can't explain Marley's Heil Hitler stance.
Next up...Killing Corner
Uuummmm.....
Yeah....
This sign caught my attention. I wasn't sure what to make of it.
Our friends eventually got there. We ran around and played with them some, and then it was souvenir time. We brought some money that the kids got from grandparents for Easter. After spending more time in the gift shop than with the actual dinosaurs, we had lunch on the sidewalk outside the place. I think that was really cool for the kids. Normally we're uppity enough to try for a table, so this was really rogue for us. (I'm growing!)
We had a really great time! It was a good and inexpensive field trip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two for Two!
I made it back, and it wasn't that long! Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026. Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...








It was awhile there. It took a long time to get there. We took the Mazda and should have been in the Honda. Long trips should be taken in the Mazda for the gas but for comfort we need to take the van. It's gotten a lot better though with the work we've done to it.
ReplyDeleteThe dinosaur place was cool though. We walked around in a couple of minutes. Some of "faces" on the animals were kinda strange but it was 10 bucks a person. The kids had blast with it. I don't think Marley liked it as much since she was a little scared of them. I think I would have been too when I was her age. All in all it was a good trip and I enjoyed just being able to goof off with the kids.