Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Hope of Spring Daybook

Outside my window...
it's cold and dark.  There's a chance of warmer temps coming, but they're not here for good yet.

I am thankful for...
some weight loss.  It always takes a while to kick in, but once I start to see it...well, it's all gravy from there.  (no pun intended)

I am thinking about...
my birthday.  I could barely come up with 35 things to do last year.  I'm sweating 36 things this year.  I won't be able to get started until noon either.  I'm babysitting for my friend while she has a baby...on my birthday!  Yay!

In the Schoolroom...
we're chugging along.  We might be throwing a screw into the works.  Stay tuned...

From the kitchen...
not much.  We're just coming out of Lent where I gave up sweets.  So we'll be getting back to things soon hopefully.  Until then Kevin keeps the good grub coming.

I am creating...
a home.  I'm trying at least.  It's still in progress.  We haven't had time to work on anything.  Hopefully this month will bring some much needed down time.

I am working on...
Thirty-One.  I'm really trying to chase my dream here.  It's slow going.  I'm on God's time.  Sometimes it's so hard to be ok with that.

I am reading...
my Carmel books and prayers.  Sometimes I don't even get that done.  Eventually, I'm hoping to get a nightstand by my bed with all kinds of books to devour.

I am praying for...
family.

I am hearing...
Kaelyn doing recycling.  It's late and she forgot she had to do it tonight.  It's only been her Tuesday night chore for umpteen million years.

Around the house...
see what I'm creating.  I know there's an organized person in me somewhere.  I can feel her fighting with the lazy one.  I hope she wins...the organized one that is.

One of my favorite things...
chocolate covered marshmallow eggs.  I ate two cartons of them yesterday to get them out of the house so I wouldn't eat them anymore.  I ended up making myself sick.  I guess I could have just thrown them away, but I couldn't bring myself to do it!

A few plans for the rest of the week...
gym, meeting, adoring, meeting, babysitting, dance, t-ball, baptism, party...not in that order.

A picture thought...
Adorable!

   

         

   

2 comments:

  1. Marley is so frapping sweet. She is just awesome and a handful. She can go from sweet to sour in less than the blink of an eye. I love all four of them more than life itself though. Sometimes we are hard on them but I know it's for the best. I want so much for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing you did with the candy. I'll eat it all just to get rid of it. My weaknesses are rice krispie treats, jujubes and caramel corn. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...