Well, folks, Rory is 10 years old! I can't believe it. We have another double digit. Here is Rory's birthday acrostic.
R- RELENTLESS When Rory wants something, she goes after it. Whether this means asking for something over and over again, to just doing something herself rather than waiting, even if it's something that requires help. She's hard headed just like her daddy. ;)
O- ORNERY This might have to do with her daddy too. HA! While she is coming into her own "grownupness" there are times she is still the oddest kid I know. For instance, some of the items on her birthday list are real doctor instruments (like a stethoscope or blood pressure gauge), a hand fan, and matching umbrella. What?! Ornery!
R- RELIANT On the flip side of her ornery, you can rely on Rory for a lot of things. She's a great helper! She's always willing to help with the younger kids (even going overboard at times). She's almost always willing to help around the house with chores, cooking, dishes, vacuuming, you name it. If I've got a lot going on, I turn to Rory to help me with things. She's great!
Y- YAPPY Rory LOVES to talk. The last time we got her hair done, she did NOT STOP TALKING. She talked through her whole hair dryer drying even though the lady and I told her we couldn't hear her. Ask her a design or fashion question and then prepare for a long option. Those two topics normally get the longest response.
I still can't believe she's 10. It is crazy how time and hormones fly. ;) Happy Birthday, Rory! I love you so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two for Two!
I made it back, and it wasn't that long! Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026. Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...

They grow up so fast! Just yesterday she was sleeping on my chest while I patted her little bum. Then she was moving into her own room in the apartment in Germantown. Riding a two wheeler on her own. Driving the lawn tractor by herself. Wait.... ummm .... Strike that last one. You get the point. The girl is awesome (I have four awesome girls). She is hard headed, prolly yet another thing of mine, but that's a good thing at times. She's a really good kid and I am excited to call her mine! I love you baby and I hope you have a really awesome birthday.
ReplyDeleteNana and Papa think Rory is tops. She has the sweetest eyes and smile. Yes, she can talk sometimes and you might have heard some of it before but I like listening to her. She has her special ways. I am very proud of her. Relentless...I agree. Reliant--totally, she not only helps Papa, she acts like she WANTS to help Papa. But Ornery and Yappy? Ms. Blogger must be talking about someone else. My Rory would never be ornery.
ReplyDeleteRory. Happy Birthday Sweetheart. You are very special and we love you.
Nana and Papa.