Thursday, May 9, 2013

Right Now

I saw this idea on another blog and thought I'd try it.  I'm unoriginal that way.  

SHE:

  • Has two more weeks left of her first year of college.  I never knew what people meant when they told me that time flies until I had kids.  So many things are not understood until one has kids.  I should write a book on it.
  • Dropped her phone in the sink two nights ago.  We have not had a chance to get anywhere to get it fixed.  It's like watching someone in detox.  I have to wake her up in the morning in 10 minute increments because that's how she sets the alarm on her phone.  I don't HAVE to but I want her to actually finish her last two weeks of school.  ;)
  • Didn't remember where she parked at school today and wandered aimlessly searching for it.
  • Is a master procrastinator and fully embraces it.  I found a quote on Pinterest the other day that said, "I save all of my homework until the last minute because then I'll be older, therefore more wise."
  • Fights being an artist, but is so amazing at it that I wonder if she'll win.
  • Is dreading the coming cicadas.
SHE:
  • Is coming into her new age with hormones swingin'!  We tried to have a talk about it today.  TRIED.
  • Is one of the best helpers when said hormones are not in full swing.  
  • Has new glasses that she has to wear whenever we go out.  Her eyes have gotten worse.
  • Is still a mystery with her belly aches and not eating.  I'm toying with the idea of just making her gluten free and seeing what happens.
  • Wants to have a green thumb so bad that it really makes Kevin and I sad that plants come here to die.
  • Is dreading the coming cicadas.
HE:
  • Took his little sister's hand at Mass last Sunday and led her to the children's liturgy in the back of the church WITHOUT Rory.  They have never gone without Rory.  Logan, up to this point, has needed to have someone with him at all times (VBS, co-ops, the bathroom, etc.).  Kevin and I both got a little teary-eyed at it.
  • Is the most laid back of them all.  He has moments, but compared to his three sisters, he's a walk in the park (make that a ride, where you're being pushed, and it's all downhill, on a lovely day, while you're eating ice cream).
  • Gets along best with Marley.  They are partners in crime and thick as thieves.  I always dreamed of a big brother little sister combo.  I always wanted it growing up, someone to protect me and watch out for me.
  • Wants to be wherever dad is.  That's not surprising being the only other boy in the family.  Kevin helped coach his T-Ball tonight, and Logan told him how much he liked his dad for a coach.  It was pretty sweet.
  • Has a great sense of humor and laid back common sense.  I can't explain it, but I think he gets it from me.  :D
  • Is thoroughly excited about the coming cicadas!
SHE:
  • Is the youngest child in the fullest sense of the birth order philosophy.  Nuff said.
  • Got new glasses today with flex frames, so they are kinder to the sensitive skin behind her ears.  They are, of course, purple.
  • Is so gosh darn cute it's really hard disciplining sometimes.  
  • Looks up to all her older sisters and brother, but again, Logan stands out the most.  She plays with each differently, has a way with each of them.
  • Is fearless, driven, stubborn, loud, energetic, and soft.  The epitome of the phrase "sugar and spice" or "hot mess" (take your pick). 
  • Is DREADING the coming cicadas.  She seems to be the most worried about them, and she's the one I'm worried about most regarding them.  It should be interesting, which with Marley, life always is.

   
 

   

 

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! I like the new layout! You have, of course, nailed the kids. I wouldn't have expected anything else though.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...