Sunday, May 12, 2013

School Stuff

Haven't had one of these posts in a while, and there's not much to this one either.  We have on and off days.  I've been sick or someone has.  Rory's birthday threw us off schedule some and a little bit of this and that.  Anyway, here is some "fun" school we did.
You start with designing something in glue on paper.  I should've used black construction paper, but it was our first time, and I didn't know such things yet.  Then you pour salt over the glue design.  When you go to shake of excess salt, it will just stick to the glue so no worries.

Then you take some watercolors and start painting your salt/glue design.  The sale/glue soaks up the color.  It was a lot of fun watching it.  Here are some pics.
This was mine.  ;)
Logan's
Rory's
On to science...

Logan got a science kit for his birthday last year that had a couple of experiments in it.  We bring it out whenever they remember.  
Here's some color palettes in milk.
After this picture was taken, we put some Dawn dish soap on a Q-Tip and it was awesome!  It made everything run.  I know some people reading this are thinking, "DUH!" but this is the first time we've done it.
Kaelyn has to make a mask for school.  This is a wire frame that she paper mached and painted.  She found out it wasn't due until this week, so she's doing it over because it's not good enough.  I have yet to see her start, so even though she was given another week, it'll be a last minute thing again.  *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. Nora has always done an amazing job homeschooling the kids. Her reviewer also has great things to say about her so it's not just me being her husband. In Kaelyn's defense her mask is due on Thursday this week and she was up and out making stuff for it last night. I know, I know, stop the presses.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...