Monday, July 29, 2013

Thirty-One HOTlanta

Lessons I learned at the Thirty-One conference.

  • Driving ten hours on three hours sleep is not a good idea.
  • Arriving into Atlanta at rush hour isn't either.
  • Make sure you know what is expected of you when sharing hotel rooms with others.
  • Being by yourself is ok.
  • Eating once a day and that food being crap is not advisable.
  • Getting less than three hours of sleep a night is insane.
  • All of the above might make you grouchy.
  • If you have to go to the bathroom really bad, and have waited in line for 45 minutes, you can wait a little longer to NOT go in the stall with a wet floor and all kinds of nastiness on it.  Please trust me on this one.  The flip flops I had to throw away beg you to.
  • Bring an extra pair of flip flops.
  • Spanx is always a good idea.
  • Purell can save your life.
  • I am no longer a teenager.
  • The ten hour drive back will not be better than the drive to.
  • Charlotte, NC is a NICE place.
  • GO THE SPEED LIMIT THE WHOLE TIME THROUGH SOUTH CAROLINA.  I did not get a ticket simply by the grace of God.  I'm sure that doesn't help the lady behind me that got it for going as fast as me.
Realizing I'm no longer a teenager is kind of depressing.  This whole getting old thing stinks.  Anyway, I'm back.  Did you miss me?  What would this whole post be without pictures?  Role call...
Mob scene

2 comments:

  1. Last year Nora came home and would have been saying "Holy lots of people Batman." This year it was "that's all like Whatever." I must have heard it a million times on text. :) I do think it stinks getting older though. I had the kids while Nora was away, of course. It was A LOT of fun running all over the place and getting to do stuff with them. We went fishing, paddle boating, to the pool, on walks, you name it. Rory and Logan are awesome hooking in lots of fish. I, on the other hand, wasn't. It could of had something to do with baiting theirs constantly though ;) I loved being around them so much. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if Nora was there. Now how do we work that out I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your back well and safe. I'm sure Brian could have told you about speed limits and exceeding them. I know your husband and children sure did miss you and were happy to have you back home.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...