We went to a matinee that still cost $9 a ticket. Luckily I had a leftover free movie ticket to use. The movie was right in the middle of the lunch hour, so we headed to Bob Evans first. They have a kid friendly menu of which Logan requested pancakes in the shape of a face.
We saw Despicable Me 2. It was cute and funny like the first. There was a birthday party in the theater, and I'm sorry but the kids were not a nice bunch. Their comments had me thinking more than once of walking out. The only reason why I didn't was because Logan was completely oblivious to what they were saying. He was just so excited to be at the movies.
After the movies we got some frozen yogurt treats. This is one of Logan's favorites. He gets a little yogurt and a mound of gummy something. It can be worms, bears, sour patch kids...as long as it's chewy and sugar he's happy.
We finished the outing with a trip to the Dollar Store to get some coloring books. Ours were all used up, and we had no boy ones. We solved that and headed to pick up his sisters.
We headed to the store to get some concrete to fill in the porch where the groundhog dug up because we now think Japanese Hornets are trying to nest under the porch. Yes, Japanese Hornets. Look them up. They're supposed to only be in Asia and just making their way to England, but apparently they've landed in Maryland. These things sure look like them even though we're praying they're not.
There were three of them, but Kevin killed one finally. He was hitting them with a shovel and they would just fly off. Apparently they invade honeybee nests and take them over. Their venom has been known to kill many people and feels like "a hot nail" being driven into you. Their stinger is 4mm long and has no barb, so they can sting repeatedly. This is no good. Did I mention that adults can be more than 4cm long? Kevin is convinced this is what they are.
So the concrete is filled in. Rory and I took turns watching out for them as Kevin did the job. We had his back. Whenever Kevin talks about them, they get bigger and bigger. He likens it to a fish catching story. The size of the fish gets bigger each time the story is told. I'm giving you exact measurements from data, just so you know.
Sunday was church, gym, Carmel for me, and dinner. We've really just been hanging out this afternoon. We set up a table and chairs in the basement that we got from Ikea last week for CHEAP. It's their art area. They have all the supplies for whatever they want and do not need to call me for anything. I have a cheap rug under them, so paint and play-doh don't get on the nice carpet. They are free to be there and do whatever they want. They have been warned that supplies are limited, and just because they use something all up does not mean it will be immediately replenished. They've been down there all weekend. It's working out great. Now I just have to make it someone's chore to clean the art area every day.
It's been nice just lounging this afternoon. Kevin and I feel like it's the calm before the storm. School starts in two week, and even though we're only going twice a week, there's a lot of prepping. Pray for us if you find some time.
The table isn't against any of the walls, so that's nice. Those doors are to my Thirty-One closet (Yes, it has it's own closet) and my clothes closet. We don't use the big door. That's why we can semi-block it.
In case you're thinking that my kids are little art angels making beautiful project with all these supplies at their fingertips...here's some reality to keep it honest.
I did, literally, hit one with a full swing of a shovel head and it only got mad. They are HUGE! Think 747 then add a couple of B2 bombers to all sides. They would pick up Godzilla and fly off no problem! We saw one take down an ocean liner in one gulp! And those are just the BABIES!
ReplyDeleteIt was a great day out with Logan. Marley is up next then Kaelyn and finally Rory again. I didn't hear the kids at the movie either so that was good. I would have gotten up and said something. I heard them before the movie but not during it. It was nice just being out with Mom and Dad I am sure.
The deck is the deck. We've not put concrete down before and I learned a lot about how to work with it. A little water goes a long way with that stuff. I wish I could get better at it and concrete in a pad down at the garage for the kids. That would be nice.