1.
It never fails. No matter how ahead I feel the night before school, I'm always pushing the late hours. Fridays we try to make it to mass before school. For some reason I have a lot to prepare in the morning for school. I try not to do that, but that's how it's turning out, so I'll be up before the crack of dawn tomorrow.
2.
Rory amazes me. I've been in a bad mood the past couple of days feeling like these kids take advantage of me (stop smirking, mommy). She started gymnastics tonight and told me to go ahead to the viewing spot. She didn't mind staying downstairs, by herself, not knowing anyone. I would have NEVER done that! It's crazy how confident that is, yet she struggles with self-confidence. I'm so proud of her!
3.
Speaking of school and Rory, it's going really well. I think Rory has stepped up her game, since she sees how her peers her age act. At home before there was no measure to how she should act. She's being more helpful and mature. It's nice. I'm noticing the same about Logan too. I think it's a nice fit.
4.
I'm struggling with the fact that I've never been a very organized person. I used to pray for other people, patience, the lottery, and now I feel like I need prayers in this area. They were talking today on the radio about people that misuse blessings that God has given them. They were talking about money, and quite frankly, I'm no winner in that area either. Just feeling convicted over all these things I can't seem to get organized.
5.
I'm really looking forward to fall. We had some recent fall days, and tomorrow...we're back to 80's. WTH?! Rory's getting excited for pumpkin bread. I'm not because that means I'll eat it. :) I have some new apple recipes that I want to try too. Rory's asking for apple cake, and I found a recipe that uses Granny Smith apples and those are her favorite...but I'll eat that too. :( I'll post the recipe if it turns out good.
6.
We're almost caught up on episodes of The Office. We'll have to find another short series to watch before our shows start up for fall. I'm really only interested in Parenthood. I love that show.
7.
We are in full swing of activities coming up this week. Marley officially starts swimming for real next week. They both have gymnastics weekly. Logan has started scouts and fall ball. It's probably nothing for some of you, but see #4. It's not going so well. I can't figure out what my deal is though especially since I'm a planner. Stay tuned.
Happy Friday!
I think a lot of it is that we are all coming down with something. Kaelyn is the only immune person in the bunch right now. She seems never to get sick at all. Maybe it's the three-times-larger-than-normal-tonsils she has? They seem wonderful at filtering out stuff in her body. Oh well. I didn't comment this morning so thought I better tonight. Still have an hour and three minutes .... nothing like leaving stuff to the last minute .... I wonder where they get it from?
ReplyDelete