Sunday, November 10, 2013

A November Daybook

Outside my window…
It's sunny, windy, and fall-ish.

I am thankful…
for another relaxing weekend.  Unfortunately, Marley is really sick, so we can't really go anywhere anyway. Also, Logan's first Reconciliation is today.  He's so excited!

I am thinking about…
Advent.  I need a plan.  I have some ideas, but honing them into a solid plan has never been my strong suit.  

In the Schoolroom…
We are going strong at our Co-op.  The kids and I are still loving it.  We have Logan's first science experiment coming up, speeches for both of them, and the infamous end of the unit projects.  We haven't decided what we're going to do for them yet.  

From the kitchen…
I have a roast in the crockpot as I type.  I don't know how it will turn out because I tried some different things.  We have freshly made zucchini muffins and these Apple Crisp Muffins.  I didn't mind the Apple Crisp Muffins, but no one else liked them.  I think it's a texture thing with the chunks of apple.  Otherwise, we're cooking up some meaty dishes with the meat delivery from my mom last weekend.  It's so nice to have a freezer full of dinners!

I am creating…
liturgical traditions.  I want the kids to have a rhythm to our faith and activities that we do.  I'm not planning anything crazy, just little things.  For example, saying the Novena to St. Therese for her feast day.  We have a few already under our belt, but I want them dispersed throughout the year, not just on major celebration days.

I am working on…
being at a state of rest.  It's hard just being when I know there's a thousand things to do.  I still do them, but I'm practicing having intentional rest time.  Besides getting all my shopping done, my major rest time will come in December while we prepare for Jesus' birthday.

I am reading…
a book!  I can't remember the title and author, and it's in the car, so I'm not getting it.  It has something to do with raising faith filled kids.

I am praying…
for help…forever and always.

I am struggling…
with all things parental.  Marley took a video of me the other day doing school without me knowing it.  I watched it and I do not look happy.  No wonder my kids whine at school time.  If I'm not doing it with a happy heart, neither will they.  I still constantly doubt myself about EVERYTHING.  struggle.struggle.struggle

I am hearing…
Caillou.  It's Marley's sick TV.  There must be something comforting about him for her.  She hasn't watched him in a while.

Around the house…
we had guests last Friday, so we actually went into this weekend with a semi-clean house.  Maybe that's why it's so restful this weekend?  :)  I'm still trying to declutter.  I think a bunch of things are about to find their new homes on our town yard sale Facebook page.

One of my favorite things…
fall Scentsy smells.  I love walking into the door and being enveloped in Pumpkin Roll and Cinnamon Vanilla.

A few plans for next week…
I'm hoping we'll be done with Marley's illness by tomorrow.  There are some doc appts, horseback riding lessons, gymnastics, co-op.  It actually looks a bit open next week. *gasp*

A picture thought for you…
The eye doctor told us that Marley will need new glasses in February.  We went to fix her other ones and looked around while we were there.  These are the ones she has her heart set on.  What do you think?  These would be her first plastic frames.


1 comment:

  1. The weekend was not really quiet for me but it was fine. I was on the phone a little here and there but it wasn't too bad. Poor Marley is feeling better finally. It doesn't appear (knock on wood) so far no one else has gotten it and hopefully it's just something that she hadn't gotten yet. There is always so much going on around here. We are really good at "delaying" work until the last second. :) We'll get it done but it'll be on our own time darn it. haha.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...