Sometimes I make them willy nilly and people get the same kind in a large batch. Sometimes (like this time) I make a bunch in a couple days time, so I can give a variety. Here's my variety for this year...
Monster Cookies - I love these because they make A LOT. I use these all the time because you can change the M&Ms in them for different seasons. For instance, I used the Christmas ones in red and green.
(Half Recipe)
Whole Recipe – about 12 doz
(1/2) 1
lb butter or margarine
(6) 12 eggs
(1) 2 lbs. Brown sugar
(2) 4 cups white sugar
(1/2) 1
Tblspoon Karo Syrup
(1/2) 1 Tsp. Vanilla
(4) 8 Tsp. Bkg Soda
(1 ½) 3 lb. Peanut Butter (smooth)
(9) 18 cups Quaker Quick Oats
(1/2) 1
lb. Chocolate Chips
(1/2) l lb. M&M’s for topping
Mix in Order and bake at 350 for
approx. 12 minutes.
Snickerdoodles - These are new in my round of Christmas cookies. I asked Rory what other ones I should make, and she said these.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
|
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
|
DIRECTIONS:
| 1. | Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). |
| 2. | Cream together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, the eggs and the vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls. |
| 3. | Mix the 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls of dough in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. |
| 4. | Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set but not too hard. Remove immediately from baking sheets. Ritz Cookies - These are the crowd pleaser. They're so easy! Spread Peanut Butter on one Ritz cracker and Marshmallow Fluff on another. Dip and coat in chocolate. I use Almond Bark from Walmart. For a difference variation, I melt a Rolo on the Ritz, then put another Ritz on top and then dip. Lemon Decorated Cookies - I got this recipe from The Pioneer Woman, so I'm going to post the link to her website for it. This is a Christmas tradition. The kids love painting them. Here's the link. |
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies - I have made these cookies ever since my friend, Amanda, first introduced them to me. I love them!
1/2
cup vegetable oil
4
oz unsweetened baking chocolate, melted, cooled
2
cups granulated sugar
2
teaspoons vanilla
4
eggs
2
cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
2
teaspoons baking powder
1/2
teaspoon salt
1/2
cup powdered sugar
- In large bowl, mix oil, chocolate, granulated sugar and vanilla. Stir in eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into powdered sugar; roll around to coat and shape into balls. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until almost no imprint remains when touched lightly in center. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
.jpg)



Kaelyn and I bring it up because it DID happen. Now it's funny, then it wasn't. The funny now is added to that Nora doesn't remember it. Nora makes awesome cookies and she makes them sanely, now that is. I typically just ask if there is anything I can do and if not I stay out of the way.
ReplyDelete