Want to see some things I've been eating? I've been Paleo for a week. It's not so bad. Once I got through the major craving of a muffin (by making one) things got a lot better. I wanted the feel of my teeth sinking into something fluffy, muffiny, and bready. I can only have coconut flour and almond flour. I started with a recipe for a banana blueberry muffin. It was ok, but it had a bad aftertaste. The next day I tried a blueberry muffin. It was a hit! It's so nice to be able to pull one out of the freezer, warm it up, and eat it. Today I made pumpkin muffins. They were supposed to have chocolate chips in them, but I CAN'T HAVE SUGAR! Ugh! These are the best yet even without them.
I got creative and made Virus Killing Soup for Kevin. He was sick. I had made it once before with my MIL. I called her to do it again this time, but I ended up finishing it before she even got here. It all had to do with cooking the chicken in the crockpot overnight, so it was ready to go in the morning. Sometimes I think I'm a genius. ;) I might make some more this week, since it's all already gone. It had vegetables in it and even Kaelyn ate it. Craziness.
We made homemade pizzas for dinner on Friday. I made a cauliflower pizza for myself. It was good, but it needed toppings. Since I don't eat meat on Fridays, I didn't have anything, but I forgot about veggies. Green peppers probably would've been good.
Tonight I made my first stuffed green pepper. My mom was so proud. I bet she never thought she'd see this day come. :)
Here's some pics...
Sunday, January 26, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two for Two!
I made it back, and it wasn't that long! Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026. Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...
Not that I am surprised but Nora has been doing a great job with the Paleo stuff. It's not surprising due to the type of person she is. Once she gets it in her head to do it she is 100% on it. I hope she sees the benefits from it.
ReplyDelete