So you may have heard that the competition is over at the health club. Our team had the lead, but it hasn't been announced officially who won yet. I see in Kevin's comments that he told you I lost 14 pounds, but Saturday morning I weighed myself, and it was 15. I'm vain and have to throw that out there because it is a rounder number than 14. 14 seems lacking, 15 is better. My goal is within reach, so we'll see how much longer it is until that. Don't worry. I'm not pushing it. I'm just trying to get to where I was before I gained it all back last time.
As far as the workouts go, Kevin and I have been pretty steady. We've discovered spinning, and oh my, let me never look back. I've never been much of a workout sweater. I sweat, but I've never had the whole dripping with sweat, shirt sticking to you sweat like I've seen on other people. There was one time in zumba where 50 of us were crowded into the room, and even steamed up the mirrors, but I attribute that to all the people in a little room. When I spin, sweat has been known to roll off my face and hit the floor before I can towel (that's right! I have to have a TOWEL) it off. That's what keeps bringing me back. It's a brutal, not fun at all, workout, but the sweat keeps bringing me back. Plus it's something Kevin and I can do together, and I like that.
I'm still chugging along with Paleo. I need to get back to a more clean Paleo. I've discovered some gluten free granola bars that I've become dependent on, and I need to get rid of those. I think Holy Week will get me back on track.
I'll try to find some then and now pictures, but I don't know if you'll notice much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two for Two!
I made it back, and it wasn't that long! Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026. Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...
YES ... anyone would be able to tell. I am not saying that as a husband either!! And OF COURSE not saying that Nora looked anything but AWESOME before. but 15 pounds on Nora you can tell right away. What I do hope is that it gives her a little more confidence in herself. I could not care less if she was 135 or 235 pounds. As long as she is in good health and feels good about herself that is all that matters to me.
ReplyDeleteSpin is rough! Nora is exactly right about this too. I was all "Spin is going to be easy, stationary bikes? phsshshs." Boy was I wrong. It's maxing the things out on tension, music, standing up, sitting down, hovering, and sprints that last FOREVER. It is fun though and one heck of a workout.