So I decided that I'm too old to do 37 random acts of kindness for my birthday. We had Adoration that evening, and a dentist appt for Logan. We did accomplish bringing Starbucks to a friend, paying for the person behind us, leaving a big tip, filling machines with quarters at the laundromat, giving money to a homeless person on the street, and buying four Chick-Fil-A gift cards and handing them out at the drive thru. It wasn't nearly how much I wanted to do, but it still gives my family the tradition for my birthday.
Bringing the whole family to Adoration that evening was my biggest accomplishment of the day. I don't think Kaelyn has been to Adoration since before her Confirmation. That was four years ago, and even though she read her Kindle the whole time she was there, I still like to think she got something from it but is too cool to say so.
It was a nice family day, and that's all I really wanted.
Chick-Fil-A is gluten free if you get grilled nuggets...just in case you were wondering. ;)
The End.
Happy Belated Birthday Nora!! It was a really good day regardless of the not doing 37 things ... thing. We all got up and went around to everything. Just being together that way was like having done 37 things!
ReplyDelete