1.
Never schedule anything else during VBS week.
2.
Marley needs a solid half hour of blankie time before expecting her to do anything else after lunch without crying.
3.
Never tell the kids you're not going to stay for the whole intro to VBS. Crying jags ensue.
4.
After learning your lesson from number 3, quietly sneak out once you see all their buddies have shown up and they don't care if you're there anymore.
5.
Even if there's an 80% chance of rain that day, still put sunscreen on them.
6.
Saying that you're going to redo the kitchen and actually redoing the kitchen are two completely different things.
7.
Even though I've been feeding the gym illness, there is such a thing as burnout. I've been trying to go twice a day...switching up classes and routines, and I'm beat. There will be no gym for me tomorrow. You might find me working on the kitchen.
All the wallpaper is off!
I couldn't agree more with no nothing during VBS week. Actually it's probably better just to space it out when we can. There hasn't been any break for Nora and kids. They have been running all over kingdom come and when I'm not working I am running too. It's been fun, no doubt, but we could have used a lot more fun in other weeks. Pro Tip for cleaning your ceiling, use a Wet Swiffer Sweeper. Just make sure you have the angle right or it's really hard to do.
ReplyDelete