Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Growing Up

Marley has lost her first tooth!  I can't believe it.  Luckily, it's not one of the ones we just fixed.  Those have two years before they're supposed to come out says the dentist.
Thanks to Dayce losing a tooth while he was here, we have adopted the Canadian tooth fairy tradition.  When Dayce lost his tooth here, my seester put it in a glass of water along with a note asking to if Dayce could keep the tooth.  In the morning, the water in the glass was red/pink meaning a girl tooth fairy had visited him.  If the water is blue, it's a boy tooth fairy, and if it's purple, a boy and girl tooth fairy visited.  We got Marley all set up, and I wrote the note verbatim.  The next morning she awoke to a Frozen book (with 50 stickers!) and purple water.  She wanted a boy tooth fairy, but since purple is her favorite color, she liked it.

Next up is Logan.  At our pool, to be able to go off the diving board, down the slide, or in the deep end, you have to pass a swim test.  This test requires the child to swim a lap without touching the wall or the lane rope.  They get a break and then have to tread water for a minute.  Logan had taken this test at the beginning of summer, and we have not been the pool as much as we wanted given the guests and the temps.  He wanted to try today, so I told him to go for it.  We got a lifeguard, and he jumped in.  When he got halfway, he started slowing and the lifeguard and I cheered him on.  He did it!  Then he had to tread for a minute, and I noticed the lifeguard didn't have a watch or anything.  I thought, "Great!  He's counting.  It's going to take forever."  He told Logan he had 30 seconds left, and I started counting.  He told Logan he was done earlier than the 30 seconds were up, and I didn't care one bit!  We were all so excited!  Rory, Marley, and I were hugging him and jumping up and down.  Kevin was at home working.  :(

So what did Logan do with his new swim bracelet?
Apparently, Google is having an issue right now, so I can't upload the videos I have.  I'll try again tomorrow.  :(


1 comment:

  1. Yeah, all the cool stuff happens when I am home working. Marley lost her tooth and I wasn't there, Logan passes the swim test and I wasn't there. They do all the cool stuff with mom. Geeezzz.... ;)

    Marley's stickers are now all over her window in the van. She doesn't need to put up the shade or even have tint on the window anymore. It is just all stickers. We'll have to scrape them off if we ever sell the thing. Same can be said for the walls and ceiling in their room. This is Marley's first tooth that feel out on its own! That's very exciting! I am sure those fairies had a hard time getting the color just right! In the morning, I had forgotten about the tooth (because I couldn't see through the purple water) and dumped it down the sink. Nora had made oatmeal muffins the night before so I had to root around in the disposal for awhile in all the yuck before I found the tooth. Then it took forever trying to get it out. I finally did so Marley has the cleanest tooth ever, after cleaning it for so long.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...