Outside my window...
Does the title give a hint? We got about 4 inches of snow today. They said it would start around 10a, so the kids and I booked it to BJ's. We got back just as the snow was starting. We lit a fire and started school. That's as good as it gets these days.
Giving thanks...
I have so much to be grateful for. Kevin is at the top of the list because he helps in so many ways, and I never thank him enough. Family and friends are always there, and I have new friends coming into the picture, and that's nice.
In the schoolroom...
The fireplace is going. The table is set up, and then I don't have to clean it off to eat lunch. We just move into the kitchen to eat. Plus, the sliding glass doors let in so much cold air, that it's just cozier in the living room. Plenty of projects on the horizon including a long bow. Stay tuned for THOSE pictures!
From the kitchen...
We're still chugging along with our freezer meals. It's nice having them there, but I'm getting bored of the rotation. I think I'll need to start trying some new meals while I still have back-ups left. I'm toying with the idea of the Whole30, but I don't want a divorce, so we'll see. I've made energy balls that Bob liked and some chocolate that no one liked. Kevin almost choked to death. True story.
I am creating...
A reading list for myself. I want to start reading at night instead of watching TV. I think it will lead to more and better sleep. Of course, I'll have to put my phone down too. :O
I don't ever want to forget...
Bobisms. She says the darndest things. Today Kevin quoted a line from a movie to Logan saying,"It's like you're trying to talk to me." (Finding Nemo) Bob pipes in with, "He is" totally serious. She's just got that dead pan humor.
Rory making sense when discussing an argument we just had. She stayed calm and explained how my behavior during our fight upset her. When did this kid grow up?!
Logan's eyebrow up surprised/anticipating look. It's adorable even though I mostly see it when he's requesting electronics.
Kaelyn actually took care of her phone bill herself and will now be getting her very first bill in the mail. Welcome to the real world!
I am working on...
Chores. The kids need to do more around here like they used to. I've been lazy in getting our chore system going again, so I can't really complain about the house being in shambles.
I am reading...
I have a lot of books on hold that I need to pick up. I'm eating up "Making God the Joy of our Soul."
I am praying...
For special intentions of loved ones.
I am hearing...
The dishwasher because everyone is outside playing in the snow right now. Kaelyn isn't. She's at work.
Around the house...
Things are going to be getting better. I have Logan and Bob's room on my task list for this weekend, and the toy shelf downstairs. Major overhaul happening!
One of my favorite things...
Library holds. I look for the book I need/want, request it, and they email me to come get it. No stress. LOVE!
A few plans for this week...
I'm going to give Bob a haircut myself. I used to cut my friends' hair when I was younger. I think I can. I think I can. I'm sure it'll be fine, and of course, I'll take pictures. Gymnastics, and the gym round out the week. There's a co-op in there, and that's about it.
A picture thought for you...
A new nugget recipe that we tried and the girls ended up liking. They're really good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two for Two!
I made it back, and it wasn't that long! Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026. Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...
I know all kids say the darn-ist things but ours take the cake it seems. I need to start reading more but just got into a new, to me, tv series that I like. It's Blue Bloods if you don't know it. Nora is wonderful person, mother, wife, and friend. She doesn't need to thank me for anything I do around here. We are in this together and always will be. It's what we signed up for a long time ago.
ReplyDelete