As people starting arriving, the rain stopped. There was a talk about sunscreen, and I applied some to the girls but not Logan. He was at the pool entrance directing people in. As his friends got there, he just jumped in the pool. Kevin waited until it was warmer, and then he got in and played hard with all the kids.
I didn't get in. It wasn't hot enough. I stayed talking with the other co-op moms. It was nice to see everyone outside of school. We even got good news that one of the boys from Logan's class, who was said to be leaving next year, is staying. Logan was so happy.
The food went off without a hitch. It was mostly gluten free for the families there. The sun came out, and it heated up. A good time was had by all, even the older girls (Kaelyn + a friend, Sam, and Nik) joined the fun. People seemed to have had a good time. The kids requested non-perishable food items for the church's food pantry. They're so excited to drop them off at church tomorrow.
It was a great time, and now I feel like my summer can officially begin. Oh, and the no sunscreen thing, whoops!
The elders
One of Rory's friends
This is Rory!
Nikki underwater. Get it?!









Poor Logan and Marley were so red. I didn't fair much better in the lobster-ing department. I was trying to sit back and have the kids play with one another. Marley wanted to play with the bigger kids though and needed daddy to help her out a little some. As if I wasn't going to get out and play though. It was a lot of fun and I think Rory and Logan enjoyed themselves a lot.
ReplyDelete