A friend of mine told me a quote:
"It's amazing what God can do if you get out of His way."
There's a rumor going around that I can be controlling. I'm shocked. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed at all the lessons God is trying to throw at me at once. That reminds me of anything quote of Him trusting me too much. Along with my joy, I think God is trying to get me to let go, to get out of His way, to pray, to hope, and to not worry.
I went to a beautiful Ordination last weekend. The cathedral was filled all for one man answering God's call. This quote of getting out of the way is from this man's mom. I trust fully that she knows what she is talking about. Coincidentally, she was also my Carmelite teacher when I was just entering the order. She radiates God's peace. I want some of that.
It's easy to talk this way when the kids are in bed, and I have a moment to collect my thoughts. During the crazy day, all this is forgotten. It's a moment to moment hustle. I'm constantly muttering under my breath asking God what good can come from flat tires before bike rides, another fight to referee, a spill on the floor I just cleaned 10 minutes earlier. Endurance. Perseverance. If these things break me, I might as well hand over my soul to the devil. Maybe in these moments instead of muttering my questions and complaints, I should just sigh a thank You. Thank You for my crazy life and these crazy characters you've enTRUSTed to me. Don't worry. Remember, God's got this.
Tuesday, June 28, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two for Two!
I made it back, and it wasn't that long! Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026. Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...
No comments:
Post a Comment