Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Mad Science

I don't know if Logan's going to have a project every week, but so far, he has.  This week was a marshmallow shooter/catapult.  There was PVC, glue, paint, and rubber bands involved.  Logan did most of the work himself.  When it was done, they had it at the kitchen table and I joked and stood at the door with my mouth open.  Since I was joking, I moved, but Mars did it instead.  They had used marbles and marshmallows to test it, but this was the first aiming try.  They got it right into Marley's mouth!  It was so crazy and we were all screaming and yelling, so I grabbed my phone and started videotaping.  Needless to say, we haven't been able to do it since. They spray painted the catapult gold and burgundy (GO REDSKINS!). I'll have a post a pic later cuz I don't have one of it painted.  Here'a a quick vid of an attempt.
Then he had homework to pick a project to do at home and take a video or pic of.  He didn't choose the easiest, but he chose a medium effort and did it all himself.  
On to other news, Rory's Algebra videos showed up today, so we should be getting better scores here real soon!  Thanks, Mommy!

1 comment:

  1. I helped in the gluing and a little in the cutting. He did the rest of it himself. I am to understand that some of the rubber bands broke so he didn't place in the competition. Sorry kid, maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...