I think Mars liked having her sister there. They were in different groups, and Rory had girls her age in her group. I stuck with Marley. Rory made fast friends with everyone, of course. Mars seems to take some time to warm up to people, and normally makes friends at the end of an event. The last day of the camp, she was running around playing with all her new friends. Here are some pics of the weekend.
This was our room. Our friends that told us about camp, and that we joined last year, went this year too. We all roomed together. Rory is on the top middle bunk, but all you can see are her feet. I think this was a better room than last year.
Everyone's favorite part was the lake, except for some parents like me. It's hot and buggy.
Canoeing
Campfiring
The girls asked to go get Ramen Noodles late one night because they were hungry. Their dad taught them to eat them dry, so I figured they were just going to get two packets. After they were gone a while, I went to find them since it was late. I found them in the cafeteria lodge with a mom making them hot Ramen Noodles in the microwave! It was 10p!
On the last day of camp, everyone is expected to clean up their cabins before leaving. We were bustling about when I heard screams and saw a group of people staring at the floor. This huge wolf spider, with her sac of eggs, was on the floor. She had been in a box that someone moved and climbed ONTO THAT PERSON. Lord, thank you for not making me that person! I cannot even imagine. We put her outside, but all she really wanted was her box. She wouldn't get out of it, which made me kind of sad for her that we were evicting her. A great time was had by all. The girls are looking forward to next year, and Rory has been invited back as a counselor next year. :)









No comments:
Post a Comment