Thursday, November 8, 2018

Nasal Folliculitis

Since my health has increased dramatically due to my Autoimmune Protocol eating, I was upset at a pain in my nose that developed over last week.  This had happened once before, a long time ago.  It starts with a bruise on the bridge of my nose.  That's as far as it got before I went to the doc.  I was given antibiotics and sent on my way, after they grilled me to see if Kevin was hitting me.  It was pretty funny.

This time, I waited it out since I try not to take any medicine unless needed.  My nose became entirely too painful, and it swelled.  This was most noticeable by me because it's my nose.  Others said they couldn't tell much difference.  It even hurt to raise my eyebrows.  On Thursday morning, I had early morning Adoration.  As I walked into the chapel, I blessed myself with holy water.  It was cold, and a drop landed on my nose.  I decided then and there to let Jesus heal me.  So I covered my nose with holy water and sat in front of the Blessed Sacrament fully believing that my faith would heal me. 

 I did try to ice it too.

When I woke up Friday morning, it was feeling better, but it was still swollen.  I resolved to call the doc, since I didn't want to head into the weekend with this pain.  My ENT wasn't available, so I  headed to primary care, where I was told to go to my ENT.  She didn't know what was wrong with me, but she wrote me a script in case it got worse.  On Monday morning, my ENT advised that I had Nasal Folliculitis.  Apparently my Sjogrens causes dry nose, and the bacteria that already lives in my nose, got into a crack and caused an infection.  It was much better by the time I saw the doc.  He said I was lucky.  Thank you, Jesus! ;)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...