Apparently I failed to post a birthday blog for Rory. She had a COVID-19 birthday. Here's what it looked like. We celebrated a little early at my parent's house. We had an outdoor celebration with masks and distancing.
It was a blowy day, and it took forever to light the candles. Then we realized that she couldn't "blow" the cake out anyway.
Streamers on birthday morning, but we were already living in the RV, so we streamered her old bedroom. She crawled underneath, and then walked out again.
I can't remember where we went, but I'm sure it was for outfood somewhere. *gasp! during the pandemic*
We had K'lyn and Adam over for her birthday evening celebration. It was cold outside, and we didn't want to all freeze on the back deck like we did for my birthday. K'lyn and Adam weren't comfortable with the idea of all of us celebrating in the RV. It would've been close quarters, so we moved into the garage. That way we had heaters on, closed off from the elements, and we could all social distance.
Rory used the "fan the candles out" method for this birthday cake. I tried to make a gluten free cake that didn't go over so well, but we had ice cream to wash it down with.
I'm really proud of Rory and how she's handled our move and all the changes. Sometimes it's hard, we didn't expect it not to be. She's taking it in stride and really trying to immerse herself in this new community and make new friends. It does help that we make long trips to see her friends. I know that helps her a lot too. I love you, Rory, and I'm so proud of you!
















No comments:
Post a Comment