Ok, so this is us making pizza at my parent's house when Maria and her boys were here in January. It's the same concept just a different house and some different kids. I ended up just getting the ready made pizza dough. Everyone said they really liked it, but Rory and Logan didn't eat more than a bite and asked for pb&j's instead. Kaelyn said she really like hers. I guess 1 out of 4 isn't bad. Marley looked at it like she would've really liked it.
I am Papa Bucy. I cut up and tease. About most everything and to most everyone. Renee knows it and so does most everyone. But that ain’t what this blog is about. I will get to that subject in a few minutes but first you have to have a story. Don’t worry…You have heard it, before!
ReplyDeleteMy dad had a heart attack (or something) in about 1970 or so (I have to give approximate dates and times so Renee will have something to correct me on). This was about seven years before he died. After he got over the surgery he had what everyone now days would call an epiphany, back then we called it an idea. Anyway his idea was to sit in his little office area at home and load an Old Underwood typewriter with five sheets of typing paper and four full pages of carbon paper. He would grab his cup of coffee and sit and type a letter to…US. Four Kids off in the world. Massachusetts, Florida, Malden, Oklahoma, the Philippines, London, well you get it. Wherever the four kids were, Denny, Billie Jo, Jerry and Bobby (some of Bobby’s came back with address unknown for a while). The fifth copy of the letter got sent to Dad’s mother one day, his sister the next, and his brother the third day, and once in a while it just got trashed. Anyway after a few weeks of a letter every day we started calling them the DaddyGrams. I think Renee and I loved them the most but I think we all loved to get them. They never said anything. You could read ten days worth and they would mostly be the same. He was feeling good/bad, Mom was doing dishes/laundry, the fishing was great/terrible, He had heard a funny story on the radio but didn’t remember the punch line, the yard needed mowing but the squirrels were waiting and the rabbits needed hunting in the woods. My all time favorite DaddyGram was the one he wrote FROM my house. He and mom came to London and set up a typewriter and sent a Daddygram.
Every day. Every day. Week after week, Month after month. Until…
But now that the story is over I need to relate it to something and if you haven’t guessed yet, that is Nora’s Blog. They read the same. After the second day I saw the similarity. After the third day I was sure. They tell a story. They show a picture (and she gets to use actual pictures). They really don’t say much but they are very special. So Nora, without teasing and cutting up, I just wanted to tell you that what you are doing is indeed something. It is significant. It will mean something to your kids SOMEDAY. I worry a bit about it being online for the world and all but really it is very very sweet for you to share it with me.
I am proud of you!
Jerry.