On Saturday Kevin took Kaelyn to...wait for it...GET HER CELL PHONE. Yes ladies and gentlemen, Kaelyn finally got her cellphone she wanted. It started on Friday when Kaelyn's Go Phone ran out of money. She asked if she could use her giftcards to load more money on her phone. I told her she probably could and could even use her giftcards to buy the phone she wanted. She squealed in delight because apparently she hadn't thought of this. I looked up the balance at the cards she started to throw my way. One of them from 2 years ago still had $100 on it. Some people are just born with a horseshoe up their arse. She ended up only needing $35 of her hard earned cash. That's pretty funny to me. So in doing the math, that child still has $185. She originally saved so much because she thought she would have to pay her first month's bill on the spot, but she didn't need to and she got to keep her phone number. She's like a pig in mud.
Saturday night Kevin took Kaelyn, Rory, Logan, and cousins, Sam and Nik to the carnival. I asked him to take pics, so I could blog, but he didn't. Actually, it's my fault. I forgot to give him the camera. They had so much fun and came home with lots of stuffed animals. Yay. They didn't get to bed until 8p, an hour past their bedtime, and they didn't go to sleep until 9p. That didn't stop insomniac Rory. She was up at 5a and had Logan right there with her. She woke him up. Then she found out that Sam had spent the night. It was all I could do to hold her off until 9a, which is Kaelyn's wake up time on the weekends.
So today Rory and Sam played this morning until Sam got picked up. Kaelyn and I went to Church. It was our (Kevin and mine) free eat day, so we had roasted chicken with WHITE rice (such an indulgence!). We were eating and Logan was eating his food really good. He asked Kevin for some more. Kevin gave him more and told him that he did something special to it. Logan asked if he put butter on it, and Kevin said, "yes." The sound that came out of Logan's mouth is hard to describe. It was kind of a throaty grunt and moan at the same time. It was cute and hilarious. While this was happening I was feeding Marley her first taste of rice...albeit white. She kept closing her left eye. I checked to see if anything was in it, but there wasn't. I finally thought that maybe she was winking. So I winked back at her and she did it again. I waited a little bit and then winked at her again. AND SHE WINKED BACK! And as if that wasn't enough...may I have the video please!?
Isn't that cute!? We tried to take it a couple of times, but this one turned out the best. If you think that's great, take a look at this pic I got of her winking. You can't see it, but her left, top, front tooth broke through today. Thank goodness because maybe now she'll stop whining and crying.
There are no words for family dinners...or this picture. I think it ranks up as a best for Marley. Happy Monday!
They aren't the best pictures in the world but I have some from the fair on my iPhone that I am getting off and sending to Nora's computer. She might be able to post them up tomorrow. Rory wanted to go on all the rides she could but Logan wasn't having anything to do with it. Kaelyn went around with Sammy and Nik only stopping by to entertain Logan while Rory and I went on the Ferris Wheel. I was a little worried about Rory freaking out when we stopped at the top of it but she was really good about it. There is one of her on a little ride that I think she was really sorry she got it. I think it was boredom setting in with the ride. Logan did attempt the "Big Slide" but when we got to the top he stopped and wanted me to carry him down. Not wanting a bigger therapy bill than needed I walked him down. We did have a blast though at the games and eating fries. I let the girls (Kaelyn, Sam, and Nik) to their own devices and it was reported that Kaelyn went on one ride while there. When I did ask them to entertain Logan for the Ferris Wheel he was in hog heaven eating all the ice cream the girls had with them. I know he was much happier just doing that instead. Marley just might be the genius we all think she is with the clapping, waving, and now winking she's doing. All four of them are just as smart as whips though. While Logan was down at his nap yesterday Rory "helped" me mow the lawn. I always get a kick out of riding around with her on my lap. I guess it's just the little things in life that get us the most. I know that Kaelyn would just simply die if she was doing that and someone were to spot her. The shame of it! K's phone is pretty cool though but don't, whatever you do, ask her to read the instructions.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a full weekend. Winking is for sure not easy and she seems to have it down pat. Sam and Nik both came through here saying how much fun they had. Maybe they will send you all a thank you note... and then maybe men from Pluto will land and make me 18 again....It won't happen but they did have fun. We spent a slow weekend but out of two arms Renee is down it 1/2 only. So that has a tendency to slow most people down. Keep the pictures and blog coming. Love it.
ReplyDeletePapa.
Wow - what a weekend. Sounds like the kids had a blast. As for Marley, she's definitely following in the others' footsteps. They are all smart!
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to send this one from NAVAIR. We'll see if it will go.