Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Funniest Joke I've EVER Made! IMO

IMO- In my Opinion

I would like you to know first off that the hardest part about this blog is choosing the title. Sometimes I get the title right away and other times I have to wait until I'm done writing the whole thing. It has to be catchy. It has to draw you in, hook you, make you want to read it. You'll read it anyway, but it's an OCD for me to have them coincide, so deal with it.

Onto the weekend...Friday was not a good day. I was overwhelmed with bad acting kids. It was really rough, so Kevin and I went to the movies even though it was supposed to be me and Kaelyn's date night. We saw Star Trek. It was ok. Unfortunately there are going to be more. Just kidding...kind of.

Saturday morning Kevin was out cutting Logan's nails and I was in the kitchen typing an email. There was a cracking sound. I told Kevin it sounded like a tree fell, and we saw it sitting on the back lawn. It was a bright, sunny day. The last tree branch fell in a storm and from a different tree! This is starting to worry me now. I'm just hoping one of them doesn't fall on a car going down the road and then we're sued. Kevin says it'll cost too much for a tree guy to come out and see which branches we need to cut. I can tell you that the branch that fell on Saturday was not one that looked like it was on it's last limb. HaHaHaHa..Ho Ho Ho...get it?! On it's last limb! Gosh I'm funny sometimes. Here's pics...

Saturday morning at 10a, Kevin got on a work call and didn't get off until 7p. It was not fun. It was a beautiful day, and I was trying to get the kids out to enjoy it. That's hard to do with Marley and her naps. Plus, the weekend is supposed to be my day off too, and I really needed it after Friday. I was trying to make dinner and Marley was crying for Kaelyn, and Rory and Logan were being loud while Kevin was trying to talk on the phone, and I just had it. I called Jerry and Renee to see if I could bring the kids down there for dinner, since they could play outside and not get run over. I was a little distraught in my call and poor Jerry was the only one home. He said we could come on down and he would play with them, and that maybe just the change of scenery would be enough for them. I felt bad calling in such hysterics. Guys don't really know how to handle that stuff. I figure that it gave him some practice considering he has 5 granddaughters. We ended up going to MacDonalds because they have an indoor play yard and free kiddie cones.

After all the kids were in bed, it was time for me and Kaelyn's date. She didn't feel like going anywhere, so I got Marley & Me to watch. I do NOT recommend that movie. ***SPOILER ALERT*** The dog dies at the end of the movie. I had to leave the room. After the movie was over, Kevin said, "Well that was a great movie to watch at the end of a crappy day." I guess I didn't take that into consideration. Sunday morning, I woke up at 550a. Not because of Rory..or Logan..or even Marley, but because of KEVIN! On the one day Rory and Logan decide to sleep in or at least be quiet, Kevin's bladder has to ruin it. The kids were really good. It was a great day. They got to play outside a lot, and we went to Nana and Papa's for dinner. Rory did not get one timeout the whole day. That's just amazing. We're hoping they noticed the difference in the day from them sleeping this morning.

All in all, it was a good weekend. We didn't get to do the stuff we wanted done this weekend, so we'll have to try and fit it into the week. So what should I title this blog? I know!

4 comments:

  1. I know that Saturday really stunk and I also know that if I could have avoided it I would have. There were a not-so-comedy of errors from our networking team that cause the client a ton of issues that I needed to work on trying to get resolved.

    Luckily though Sunday was a simply awesome day. Rory and Logan were really good in the morning and got a ton of praise for. It was also the first day that they haven't gotten a timeout in a long time.

    Rory helped me in the back cutting up the latest limb that fell out of the tree. Then she rode around on my lap getting stuck in the mud that is our lower back yard on the lawn tractor. I don't know if it's just that she wants to do it or wants to bond with Daddy but I sure to enjoy cutting the lawn a lot better when she is with me.

    I saw this blog last night after Nora posted it and was able to LMAO at the joke that she made. I do have to say at least one thing about that. Nora is a VERY funny person and makes jokes like the one above all the time. Most of them, however, go right over the intended persons head and she is taken seriously. This one there is no doubt about so it makes it that much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree that Nora is a very funny person. When we talk we can cut up and come up with so many funny things. You would think that we were a couple of teenagers talking. Life gives us lemons sometimes but I find that God has given me two girls who add a little sugar and make lemonade and life has a cool drink to enjoy. Thank you Nora for all the fun you bring to our family. Kevin you have such a great sense of humor too that I think that when things get bad, the both of you pulling that out of each other you'll always see the sunshine through the rain. I know that sounds silly but it won't in 30 years when your still laughing with each other I promise.

    I love you all very much,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous Nana? Okay. I am the Papa and I know who the secret Nana really is. Glad to see her blog comment.
    Okay, So it was funny but really what was funny was me trying to get a hold of Nana in an emergency to Call Nora...She is having a bad day and is seriously considering coming to our house and I am the only one here. Emergency! Emergency? Ha ha.. Actually it would have been fine, I just hate that she wasn't having a good day and I couldn't help that much.
    I enjoyed yesterday also. So keep the blogs (and Jokes!) a coming!

    Papa

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I have failed to do thus far, I know bad husband, was to talk about how much I needed Nora on Saturday. She really did a fabulous job with the kids and keeping her cool when I was melting down on the phone with work. She was a real trooper with it all and kept a cool head throughout all the problems I was having and being on the phone for so long. I really appreciated it and still do. It made a really bad day a lot better that's for sure. As always I love her with all my heart and count myself lucky that she found me. I love you babe.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...