Kevin wanted Five Guys for dinner AGAIN Tuesday night. Logan wanted to go with him to get it, and he was dressed like this. If you've ever been to Five Guys, you know that they have free peanuts that you can eat while you're waiting. Well, while they waited, Super Elephant Man ate peanuts. It must have been such a sight to see. Kevin said that people looked and smiled, but no one said anything. One more...
I know. Both pictures are a lot a like, but they were both so compelling that I couldn't decide which to use. Besides, I wouldn't complain about two pictures being alike. I could go back to the no pic no post method.Secondly, something happened to me today that never happens to me. I WON SOMETHING! Rory is having a tea party tomorrow (yes, I will blog it), so we had to go to Safeway to get some things for it. We were checking out and the register started beeping a lot and the cashier said, "Oh, I have another winner." I had no idea what she was talking about. She waited for the receipt to print and told me I had won a FREE loaf of french bread.
Isn't it pretty. I screamed, "Oh my gosh! Are you kidding me?! I never win anything!" You would've thought I had just won a million dollars with the way my voice shrilled and the mile wide smile on my face. I went to customer service to get my free french bread. The lady was not smiling and went to get my french bread. When she walked back I told her how exciting this was. At least she smiled. The closest I ever got to winning anything was when I was about ten or eleven. The radio station said they were taking calls from people to sing for their request, and the best singer would hear their song. Maria and I decided to call in and sing My Prerogative by Bobby Brown. I chickened out at the last minute and told Maria I didn't want to do it. She still called in and started singing. I joined her half way through, and she (we) ended up winning. I'm not even sure that counts since I only sang the second half and didn't dial the phone. The radio station played the phone call on the air and said, "There is talent in Washington D.C. tonight!" and then played the song. It was really exciting. Here's a pic of the french bread loaf I WON.
And another...
Ok, so I'm mental. Have you ever won anything? It's exciting. I hope it happens to me again many more times. After I got my bread, I heard the register ring again and an announcement that a free 2 liter bottle of Coke was won. So far, they had given away two Cokes and a bread. It would've been boring to get a Coke. I would've been just like everyone else. With my bread, I'm going to make flat bread pizzas for lunch. My mom thought of that. Isn't she clever? Anyway, I don't feel your excitement about my bread, so I'm going to sign off now. What a great day! I'm sorry if it seems like this is too much over a loaf of bread, but I live in the country...sort of. Things like this just don't happen here very often....except for three times in a row in the same store. Never mind.
Firstly: I NEVER get Five Guys. ;) I will keep trying though to go there though. Their stuff is just so good it's hard to keep away. Nora keeps putting little hints out there like "This HAS to STOP!" I don't know what she's on about.
ReplyDeleteSecondly: Logan is our kid so did you really expect anything less from the poor kid? At one point I thought he was going to take the "mask" off because he said "Daddy, are we going to have to go into a store?" I told him yes but he just kept it on. I do so admit his self confidence. It was really funny with him sitting in the chair picking up the peanuts with his trunk and putting them in his mouth.
Thirdly: Nora is a freak. I got the call from Rory while I was making lunch that they had just won the bread. She (Nora) was still going off about it in the back ground. You really would have thought she had won the keys to the kingdom. It was so cute. I am sure though that it will be best bread she has ever tasted. I haven't won anything either but judging by our kids I will freak out about it the same as Nora.
Oh the joys of insanity!
A picture of all the other people in Five Guys would have been great too. He is a great kid. You would have thought that the management would have come over and taken his picuture for their wall. They have everything else up there.
ReplyDeleteRenee doesn't let me go there either and it is odd becuase when we had a small Five Guys down here we didn't go very often at all.
Mmmmmm....Five Guys - I'm salavating. I think it's a combination of the deliciousness, the fact that I can't have it because I live in Canada, and the fact that I can't have it because of little Dale's severe peanut allergy. Must put on my "To Eat" list whenever I come to visit :-)
ReplyDeleteNow regarding the whole "winning" situation...it must be a lucky day for the Montilla girls cause Dita won free tix to Bill Cosby 2nite too. As for me, no winnings today but after singing "My Prerogative" and winning the "sing for your request" contest on Q107, I was so inspired, I went on to win $107 and tix to a "Chicago" concert (which was really good) a week later. Since then, I got nothin!