Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tea Party Time

Today we had the tea party with the Scott family. There was much preparation to this, so I'm glad to report that everything went splendidly. Nana got Rory her very own tea set and it was used for the first time today. There are four servings, so that meant that Logan had to be the odd MAN out...because he's not a girl. Rory, Jocelyn, Juliana, and Joelle had the cups, and I gave Logan a mug and spoon to use instead. I knew he would be upset, but I didn't think it would be that big a deal. I was wrong. These pictures were the only ones I got of the tea party, and it's right after Logan's been told there aren't enough cups for him. WARNING!!! THIS WILL BREAK YOUR HEART.

On another note, Logan is sitting next to Joelle. She is also three years old. I am trying to arrange an arranged marriage. Does anyone know how to go about doing that? Because...
This is James. He's Marley's age. So I have to do this twice over...this arranged marriage bit. Any help would be more than welcome. Moving on...

Logan was eventually given the creamer cup that had a spoon. He was happy then because his wasn't like everyone else's cups. The menu for this tea party was grilled cheese in heart shapes, club crackers with turkey and melted cheese sandwiches, sunchips, grapes, apple slices, cake balls, and monkey munch.

Cake balls are just that. I showed them to Kaelyn on a website a while back and she tried them for the tea party. Here's the recipe. They turned out really good, and they're really tasty. The monkey munch is something we've been making for a while. The kids love it, and I like it because it's not THAT bad for them. Here's that recipe. All in all, everyone had a blast. Rory said she loved it, and it really seemed like she did. I think even Kaelyn had fun. She helped out A LOT today, and I'm so grateful. Here's a gander at the cake balls. She even put sprinkles on top like Rory wanted.
She ran out of chocolate and just had to leave some plain. The girls liked these too. Kaelyn also picked and wrote the quote for the day.


I have something else for you too...a video. Kaelyn was playing with Marley, and Marley was cracking up. I'm not talking a little giggle. We're talking full on belly laughter from this child. It was intoxicating. Have a look.




I love my life.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't look at the picutres from the tea party. I had called Nora and asked how it was going around noon. She told me good and then told me the story about the tea set and Logan. I started to well up just from the story. It does break your heart to see any of your kids like that though. Kaelyn, Rory, Logan, or Marley get that way and I just feel so unbelievably bad. I know that Nora handled the situation perfectly though but that doesn't help those pictures any. It's great though that the party was good over all and everyone had a good time. I know that Rory was really looking forward to it and was really excited about it. Even though I HATE confetti cake I ate and saved the cake balls that Kaelyn made. I had three at least and you couldn't really taste the cake in them so that was good. I was bathing Rory when the video of Kaelyn, Marley, and Logan was going on. I could hear, over Rory and the shower Marley laughing her patudy off. I don't think it's coincidence that Kaelyn has that effect on people ... haha. Just kidding K.

    I know it couldn't be a better life with Nora, Kaelyn, Rory, Logan, and Marley in mine.

    BTW -- I hope you like that I switched it back to a two column blog last night and if you were viewing it when I made the switch sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...