Sunday, August 9, 2009

Rory's Trump

Well, Rory's done it again. She's stolen the blog. I had a completely different blog planned, but this couldn't wait. We went to the pool today. Rory's gotten really good at swimming and even going down the slide. She swims to the ladder by herself which is the requirement for going down the slide. The first couple of times, Kevin snuck under the rope and helped her out. Today, she asked to jump off the diving board. Kevin and I both said no. While she can swim, it's not anything but a determined dog paddle. And while she jumps into the 9 feet because she "just wants to swim" I would be lying if I didn't admit that heart palpitations ensue afterward. She is quite the little daredevil.

After all this, you can imagine my surprise when she came and got Logan and I at the little pool and said that daddy said she could go off the diving board, and that I was to come and tape it. We followed her over. I screamed to Kevin and asked if he was sure about this, but he didn't answer me. Maybe he didn't hear me or maybe he didn't want to answer because it was a "NO!" Here's what happened...


Then she decided to get a little daring. If you listen closely in this next one, Nicole is telling her to run and jump off the diving board. Rory went to do it and Kevin told her not to. She tried it, but that thing is slippery and I'm glad she stopped. Let's roll...

PLACE WHERE OTHER VIDEO WAS SUPPOSED TO UPLOAD


If this video ever uploads, it will be a miracle. I had another one that I was going to upload, but I've been waiting on this one for a half hour already. I might have to post the other one tomorrow. Anyway, in this one you can see Rory do a balled-up belly-flop. Then she starts to swim the opposite way to get out of the pool. She did that quite often. We'd have to scream at her to swim the other way. It was funny. I don't think it was that funny for the people waiting on the diving board that couldn't go until she was on the ladder.

I'm so proud of her. I didn't have the guts to go off the diving board until I was much older than her. Where does she get her spunk? I guess Kevin? 10-4 good buddy!

Ok guys...it's 1030p, and this has been uploading for an hour. I have to get to bed. I'm going to download the other video instead and try to do this one tomorrow morning and see if it'll let me. Sorry. I'm still going to leave the comments about the other video because I'm just too darn lazy to erase them and start over. In this video, Rory gets twisted. Notice Rory trying to get her hair smoothed out. She looks like a duck trying to get a fish!



Now...10-4 or 10:47pm depending on who you ask.

2 comments:

  1. I think our Rory is great of course. There was a lot more to Rory going off the diving board as well. Nora had to be over with Logan in the other, other pool. There are three "pools" at Nana and Papa's. One is a baby pool, one with the slide and deep end, and the separated pool that I guess they use for meets. The last one also has the diving board. Rory loves going down the slide and "swimming" to the side which is all of 6 feet from the entry point of the slide. The diving board is about 15 feet from the side of the pool. I took Rory out to where the diving board was and had her swim a couple of times to the edge and get out. Again, we did this a couple of times so I would know that she could swim the length needed to get from the diving board to the side. Rory asked me if that meant she could go off. Thinking that Nora would want to get it on camera I told her to go ask and see what mommy said. To my surprise she (Nora) said yes. Rory went off and we've seen the result of that. After a couple times of it I told Rory that we would need to take a break from it. She stood on the side of the pool and said "I want to test out a couple more tricks." She then proceeded to turn around and jump in landing square on her back. "Ouch" was what I heard when she came up. It looked and sounded very painful but didn't phase her one bit. Hopefully Nora gets the video uploaded of the "Face Plant" that Rory took off the diving board. I hope she keeps up with the daring part of it, albeit not too much, and still asks to do things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little daredevil - I hate to think about her getting her drivers license. By the way - I never did figure out what the red marks on Marley and Logan were. Red pen or bumps?

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...