Monday, August 10, 2009

Ice Ice Baby

Some of you might not get that title. If not, go ask your children about it...if they're thirty or above. Anyway, Kaelyn went ice skating a few weekends ago, and Rory went with me to drop her off. I would've really liked to have taken Rory skating, but Kaelyn's fragile teenage mind might have exploded, and I didn't want to give the zamboni any more work than necessary.

So this past Saturday, Kevin took the kids (except Marley), Nana, and Samantha to the ice rink. Nana went in case Logan decided he didn't want to skate. Then she and he could watch and laugh at everyone together. I was 99% sure that Logan wouldn't skate, and he did. Of course that goes to show me that just when I think I know these kids, they change. :)

A lot of the pictures didn't turn out because I wasn't there to take them. HA! Just kidding. It was hard for Nana to take them from behind the glass as she was. She doesn't care about this blog as much as I do to go out on the ice and take one for the team and get you some shots. The ones that turned out were nothing to complain about though. Take a look for yourself.

I don't know if you can make it out or not, but that's Logan in front of Kevin.



Kevin said that Rory really got the hang of it, and that Logan didn't do too bad either. By the end, Rory was doing turns. She fell a couple of times and apparently had a knight in shining armor to rescue her. There was a boy that worked there that would come and help Rory up whenever she fell. I wish I could've seen it. I wish I could've seen them. They're both asking for lessons now. I'm looking into them, but they're really expensive. Maybe I could put them up for Christmas gifts? There's an idea! Yes, I know it's August. Yes, I just said Christmas. Yes, I'm already shopping for Christmas presents. After all, "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year." So Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I wish Nora could have been there as well. Not for the pictures but so that Nora could see them out on the ice. Rory kept asking about the falling bit. I kept telling her not to put her hands out to stop her. She fell once or twice with her hands out and then she got the hang of falling correctly. Correctly to me is not putting her hands out like here Daddy did RollerBlading and broke his wrist trying to "save" himself. Logan went out a couple of times with me as Rory did but then didn't want to have anything more to do with that. Rory got off the wall after about .02 seconds and started "running" around the ice. Logan took a little while getting back out there but he did and I took him around. He was getting it and could have done it on his own I think but he lacks self confidence (like his daddy). Rory was out there on her own during this and making friends like Rory does everywhere she goes. I do hope they can take lessons and get into more. They have the athletic ability to do it or anything else they want.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...