So if you read my blog yesterday, you know that Rory had homework for the first time today. We sat down to do it (after I found it...long story). It went well. We learned about Hieroglyphs and Cuneiform. We went on to read some library books we got. One of them was an "I Can Read" book. It used 24 words, so if she could read all 24 words, she could read the book. She wanted to go through the list first. One of the words was soft. She says, "sssssssss...aaaahhhhh...fffffff...t." She didn't get it from that, so I told her to try and meld the sounds together. Keep saying one while she goes on to say the next sound. She says, "sssssssaaaaahhhhhhffffffft." It sounded like a drawn out soft. I told her it was great, so what's the word. She said, "shit." I started laughing...hard. Kevin even heard it from the kitchen and started laughing. This mixed with Logan's Praying Mantis story yesterday are my main contentions in the running for "Mom of the Year" award. By the way, Crane isn't the Praying Mantis in Kung Fu. The Praying Mantis is Mantis. So, he even got the wrong name further lengthening my lead for the award.
One might ask what Marley is learning through all this. Let me show you...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two for Two!
I made it back, and it wasn't that long! Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026. Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...



It was *VERY* funny about Rory and saying *that* word. It reminds me of the funniest movie of all time. "A Christmas Story" if you don't know what part I am talking about then you obviously don't watch the movie enough. When Ralphie is helping his father change the tire he says a "choice" word. His mother has the bar of soap (a penny to whom ever knows what type) and calls Flick's mother to tell her that is where Ralphie heard the word. Know we all try very hard not to use those words at all and especially not around our kids. I know that on occasion we slip up and say them. All I have to say about that is Nora is working on it and promises not to say them anymore. haha ...
ReplyDeleteIn other news, Rory has on occasion been "good" in the mornings. This consists of staying quiet until 630 in the morning and as a reward has a "chore" to do that night. She was good yesterday morning so I got to read a book with her, much in the same manner as Nora gets to do. We, should I say Rory, read a book about "The Old Dog and Fat Cat" She was able to read all the words in the book and was very excited at the end of it that she did it. She is getting much better at sounding out the words and making them into something that resembles the word. It's really cute most of the time but frustrating the next since she tries to look at the pictures and make up the story than actually sounding out the words herself.
You both are doing fantastic with the kids. Thank you very much. One of the keys (you know them all) is to rotate in and out the books so they do read the words and not just memorize the sentences based on the pictures. They have their favorite books of course so this is hard. I mean who can forget the page that starts, "Chitty Chitty Bang bit the Big Black Car." or "Do not turn the page!". The boys could tell that story word for word without the pictures or even the book. Of course the Grandkids are going to grow up smart. They have a loving intelligent family that will spend the time with them and make learning fun. Love the stories and keep them coming.
ReplyDeleteMy guess is Ivory of course.
Papa
Or maybe, "LIFEBOUY"
ReplyDeleteEH?!?!?!?!
ReplyDelete