Sunday, September 27, 2009

You Can't Catch Me, I'm the Gingerbread Man

At our library they have book bags filled with books and activities on a certain topic. They're called "Ready to Succeed" kits, and you can check them out.
We got one of these Friday. It's the "Pretend Play" one. They're really great and instantly make me feel like a good homeschooling mom. In this kit was the book The Gingerbread Man. We read it, and then noticed that the kit had masks to act out the story. We were all pretty excited and took turns trying the masks on.
Logan...fox

Rory...Gingerbread Man
Me...cow

Me...Gingerbread Man

Rory...fox

Logan...sheep

There were more, but you get the picture. (HA!) In the back of the book, there's a CD of someone telling the story. So the kids and I threw on the masks and acted it out for Daddy, Kaelyn, and Marley. They liked it. It was fun. I'm sure we'll be doing it a couple more times before the kit is due back. The End

1 comment:

  1. We did the display last night as well as Friday. It was really awesome. Rory was the Gingerbread Man on Friday and Logan was the Gingerbread Man yesterday. I got to be the farmer and a couple of others that chase the Gingerbread Man. Logan, of course being the Gingerbread Man, would tuck in behind me while I was chasing him and ran around right behind me. It was really funny.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...