Monday, September 28, 2009

Happy Fall!

Remember when I told you that I was grateful for a mother-in-law who wanted to make my front yard look pretty and play with my kids at the same time? These are the before pictures.
After some sweating, lots of mess, and whining kids...here's what we ended up with.


Add some cute kids and...

Ta-Da...(btw...in case you're wondering about flower placement, that was all Rory)

I'm worried that people on the block will start expecting us to do cute things like this with the changes of the seasons or holidays. Quite frankly, they should be glad they can see the house numbers without peering through the weeds anymore. It was a lot of work. If I kept up with the weeding instead of waiting for it to get out of control, that would be one thing. That's not really my strong point...keeping up with things. Any one who has been in my house can agree with me. For now, it's cute and clean. I'm still wondering why my mother-in-law went through all this, but I'm sure at the root of it, it had something to do with a child o' mine. I'm not expecting anything for Christmas although now that I think about it, she snuck into our yard last Christmas and set up two snowmen and a reindeer. Maybe it's a subtle hint from her that our yard should be something I keep up with. If so, I'm going to rip the whole thing up and cement it. My sister-in-law, Paula, is always saying the same thing about her yard. I think she's on to something.

Panamilit


1 comment:

  1. Nana did all of it with Rory and Logan "helping." By "helping" i mean running around in the yard or digging for worms. I told Rory about her Uncle Brian and I making forts and such while my dad was stationed on Skaggs Island in Sonoma California. They had huge piles of hay that we used to climb up and run on. We would occasionally find a rattle snake or two all bailed up in the hay and play with as well. Rory didn't take to the snake thing but did like the fort idea. She said that she would ask Nana if she could get a few more and we would be able to charge people to come and play in it. What a little entrepreneur we have on our hands. THANKS Nana for all the fun you make our place.

    ReplyDelete

The Last Melon

  Guess what?!  The last and youngest has turned 18!  It's hard to believe.  Almost as hard as it is that she'll be leaving for coll...