By the time we got them dressed (you're supposed to wear a new outfit. I didn't get the memo until it was too late, so each kids wore something new instead) it was 1145p. The ball dropped and we all jumped and made noise and kissed and toasted. Everyone ate a little something, and the kids went back to bed...or were supposed to. We put Ror, Log, and Mar in at once. We went in there, I don't even know how many times, to Logan playing with Marley...the lights on and them jumping up and down...Marley had Rory's blanket in her playpen and Logan's teddy bear...it was anything and everything. We finally (Kevin, Kaelyn, and I) went in and laid down.
It was 2-230a before everyone was finally asleep. Marley would lie down and whenever she heard anyone, she would pop back up and see what was going on. When she saw it was nothing she would lie back down until the next sound...until 2AM! At 5am Rory woke up. She's like clockwork. She had to go potty. I held her off until 6am. She asked me every five minutes or so that whole hour. I got up to take her. When we walked back in, Marley was standing up in her playpen and she smelled awful. I tried to lie down, but she started crying probably because her bottom was reeking. I got her up and Rory and went out to the living room giving up on sleep for this next year. Here's some pictures that I'll roll. Happy New Year!











Well it's currently 0038 on Wednesday January 6th. Nice huh? I feel like it's New Years all over again and what a blast that was. Haha ... Only half kidding. As you can see from the pictures the kids didn't take to kindly to us getting them up. I loved that they were up though but the aftermath wasn't pretty. Rory, Nora, and I in one bed doesn't work AT ALL. Rory would bash me in the back with her knee then her elbows. Then the next day they all were really good. Wait ... I don't mean that do I? No ... I mean horrible. It will get better next year I guess. When we have forgotten completely about this past New Year and think "yeah ..we'll put the kids down and then get them up at 1130 ... pump them up ... give them food/sugar ... then yell at them when they don't go right off to sleep" ... Silly parents. :)
ReplyDeleteGot to bed at 0215. Got up at 0345 with another call from work. Then again at 0415 to answer the same question they asked 30 minutes prior. Then again at 0510 to again answer the same question. Got into the office at 0730 there about. Nora is ticked that I drove in and along the way the office called my cell twice, which I didn't hear, then the house. Nora called my cell in the midst of me trying to get work back on the phone so she didn't worry too much I hope. Still working on the same issue from last night but glad, of course, to be working ..
ReplyDelete