Thursday, June 24, 2010

Just Follow The Multi-Colored Brick Road

The kids and I get out every morning to water the plants and clean the car. One morning we found chalk that we had left out, and I colored one of the bricks. Rory followed suit, and then Logan, and we ended up with our own multi-colored brick road. Kevin has apparently done this with the kids before, but I haven't. It was fun. I'm a little OCD about it and can't have the same colors next to each other, but Rory likes to color blocks of colors at a time. This drove me crazy, but I still think it turned out great and it was fun. Logan was trying to kill ants with chalk more than color, but he still had fun. Marley was hanging out in the car most of the time (she likes to take all the dvds out of the case and try to put them back in again). She came out in occasion to run barefoot over the colored path. A good time was had by all.

2 comments:

  1. We have done it before but Nora's, of course, is better. The kids help too but they usually just end up in the way and you don't want that. haha. I mean who is really playing here? You have to teach them how to play correctly and killing ants with chalk when you are SUPPOSED to be helping color bricks. That's just unheard of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great. I think it is very pretty and it is too bad that the next rain will wash it away. But it sounds like you had fun doing it so that is what it is all about. Papa.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...