It was a hard day today. The kids were crazy. I was crazy. It was really bad sometimes. We got through it intact. Kevin and I went to dinner tonight in honor of the miscarriage we experienced last December. We'll be going to dinner for the same thing September 20th. It's hard. Maybe that's the grace of a hard day today...because today...I wouldn't want to imagine having another one. Is this too deep? My father-in-law will probably drive down to my parents himself and get my camera after this post. :) On the blogs of my friends, they say what they're grateful for. Kevin, the kids, and I do this every night before prayers too. I'm going to list a few to try and get out of this funky bad day.
1. the guy selling paintings at our safeway
2. an understanding husband who is having an extremely hard time while trying to help me through my extremely hard time.
3. a mother-in-law who isn't afraid to discipline a crazy 7yo.
4. my counselor
5. broccoli (I had some really good stuff tonight)
6. a house no matter how small
7. getting drenched in a thunderstorm while delivering a meal to a friend
8. friends
9. 20 minutes of reading
10. my hair straightener
good night!
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Last Melon
Guess what?! The last and youngest has turned 18! It's hard to believe. Almost as hard as it is that she'll be leaving for coll...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...
Well at least I rated a little higher than the straightener although I think that's just for "show." :p The little bit of rain we got seemed to throw everyone in a frenzy. Even though the little rain was at the same time the tornado warning was issued for our area we ended up driving out to a friends house. I kept telling Nora "Since we were doing something nice then nothing bad could happen to us right?" Well not twice right?
ReplyDeleteThe crazy weather thru our house in a weird frenzy too!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you & Kevin were able to go out by yourselves and have a calmer evening, and enjoy some delicious broccoli.
I had a miscarriage a long time ago (1993) and for awhile, whenever that date or my due date rolled around, it was a very reflective day.
On a side note: We had the most delicious cauliflower last night. I bought it at Weis, but boy, was it Delicious!!
What is that address of your parents again? Leave Ms. Blogger without photo capabilities and you never know what you will get!...
ReplyDeleteI too am thankful for a lot of things, and Sweetheart, one of them is YOU.
Papa.