You'll have to read my rants!
So Sunday at my parents, I got to meet up with Rory's godmother, Maureen. We also met her son, Sawyer (insert picture I don't have here). I grew up with Maureen. She's one of the only friends that didn't abandon me as a friend when I became and unwed, teenage mother. Shortly after I had Kaelyn, Maureen became an unwed, teenage mother too. I think we bonded more than most friends our age. Maureen is my inspirational friend. She always inspires me to think differently of myself. She's constantly telling me how talented I am at this or that, and honestly believes I can be anything I want. Basically, she's a major ego trip. :) She makes me want to be who she sees. She's a very powerful friend.
It was so great to see her and spend some time with her even though it was short. She lives in California and already has my kids asking when we can visit since she says we can stay at her house. That's right up Kevin's alley for a vacation. He's always saying how he wants to move back. He lived there in his military brat days. I guess we'll see. I, for one, have to have seasons, so I think that automatically rules California out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two for Two!
I made it back, and it wasn't that long! Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026. Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...
It was nice to see her and play around. It's sad to hear that Cali is out though.
ReplyDeleteMaureen sounds like a wonderful friend! I'm glad you were able to reconnect with her.
ReplyDelete- Beckie