Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Sister's Visit

I am the youngest of three girls. My middle sister, Maria, is closest in age and in relationship. She managed to have three boys...plus a stepdaughter. Funny. Maria lives in Canada...over the Dakotas. She comes to visit twice a year, summer and Christmas. Her husband comes with her in the summer, but he's a hockey guy and winter is not feasible for him to spend any time away. It's normally just Ri and the boys. Her boys come a year after my three youngest. Rory is 7, Dale is 6, Logan is 4, Dayce is 3, Marley is 2, and Drake is 6 months. They all adore each other...especially Marley and Drake.

This past Christmas they visited. Maria's husband came with her to help with the boys, but he only stayed for not even a day and headed back out. We were at my parents as much as possible and let our kids hang out...a lot. Here are some pics from their visit.
I'm so used to Marley being the smallest. This pic really puts it in perspective for me.
Here is Dayce getting a hockey jersey because Canada is all about hockey.
I am not a picture person, but I love this picture. He's so cute!

Dayce asked Uncle Kevin if he could lay down with him.
Pay no attention to the fact that the DS Logan is playing is pink. It's not his.
Look at that mischief! It's almost tangible! A good time was had by all. All the kids were sad that they had to go home. Marley still asks when we're going to see Baby Drake again. My prayer is that they'll move closer...like into the states...on the east coast...somewhere that starts with the letter "M" and ends in a "D". :) I would even settle for a "V" and an "A".






2 comments:

  1. I can't stop smiling. Those are such good pictures - capturing another great visit. All the kids are at a really great age and actually play together really well - FINALLY!!! Thanks again for everything and if you can find a decent paying gig for a hockey guy, WE'RE THERE!! MISS YOU ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great visit as always. Dale and Dayce are great kids and I had a lot of fun throwing them around and playing horse like with our kids. Drake got to sit on my hand over my head and did wonderful at it.

    I would say the same to you about a decent paying computer job up there Maria. You find one and we're there!

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...