L- LOVING...He's still a little boy, so I contribute that to some of it. He's snuggly, and huggly, and cheeky. We have this thing, since I can remember, where we rub our cheeks up and down one another's cheek. This usually takes place when he's sitting on my lap, or I'm holding him. Only Logan does it with me and only Logan ever has. I love it!
O- OVERLY SENSITIVE...What can you say? He lives in a house with 4 girls. Still...Logan has moments of extreme sensitivity and drama. He's certainly not afraid to whine and cry at the drop of a hat. He's not a fan of changes or new things, but he's loosening up a bit. Thank goodness!
G- GAMER...Logan is addicted to the Wii and DS and let's not get started on Papa's iPad. This does not make me happy but luckily we've got it to where he only plays a little with daddy when he gets off from work...or when I need to focus on something with just Rory and he's sick of playing with Marley. :) I think he likes it so much because Kevin likes it so much too, and he knows this, and he wants to be like his daddy. That's it in a nutshell really.
A- ACROBAT...This is a new one. Logan is constantly rolling and bending and contorting...all the time. When we were getting ready for bed one night, Kevin said he was in a full headstand on his bed when he fell off the bed and got hurt. It might be the weight ratio difference from his head and his body. :) He is constantly twisted into some sort of stance.
N- NOBLE...Logan is always making sure to look out for his sisters. He gets upset if Rory gets in trouble or Marley isn't holding his hand when crossing the street. Kevin and I are trying to instill in him that chivalry. He doesn't quite understand why his sisters all get the snack bag, drinks, or served before him, but he takes it most of the time. He's a great brother!
Happy Birthday, Logan! I love you!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI remember what the nurses and doctor said after he was born. I remember how much I DIDN'T like it either. They said "Finally got one right huh?" I didn't like that one bit. It's not as if you can get one wrong, right? If Logan had been a girl I would have loved her just as much as I love him. There are things I want for him that I don't want for girls (as Nora pointed out he needs to hold onto chivalry). There are things I want for the girls that I don't want for him. There is one game on the Wii he was into there for a bit (Super Mario Brothers Galaxy). He loved to play the game but would only play with me. My how time flies. Just today he broke out the Wii and was playing it alone. Some things he doesn't need me for anymore and those things are compounding daily. I joke with him (and the girls) all the time saying "%name% I like you a little." Then asking them how much they really think I love them. They always say the most off the wall answers. Today Logan said "I know you love me a lot." I know he's right, of course. They know there's nothing I wouldn't do for them. Even when that means some tough love. But each and every one of them has me wrapped around their fingers and there's no place better I would rather be.
ReplyDeleteHappy 5th Birthday Logan. Before any of us knows it you're going to be 15.
I hope and pray the world is your oyster because we all know you're one of our pearls.
Happy Birthday Logan. I am so very proud of you and proud of all the things you do both big and small. It is such an honor that we are blessed to share your life and watch you grow. I, like Mommy and Daddy, want only the very best for you and from you. I, like Mommy and Daddy, love you with never ending LOVE and support. We make over your 5th birthday today because tomorrow will be your 15th birthday and we will wonder where all the time went. So my birthday wish for you at 5 is that you keep a little bit of the little boy you are today in you always. Keep the cuddle and cheek rub for Mommy, keep the moments with Daddy playing games, kept the holding hands with your sisters and the, "see you later" with Papa. And to please keep a hug around the neck and kiss on the cheek for me. Because you are one very special and Loved little boy not only on his birthday but every day of the year for all your life through.
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY LOGAN,
Love,
Nana