Today (4th of July) is my nephew, Drake's, birthday. He's Canadian, but he was born on the 4th of July, so it kind of balances him out. :) Drake turned one today, and I'm ashamed to say that we went to his birthday party (my sister and fam are in town for July from Canada) and I forgot my camera. I can only say that it's been a while since I blogged, so I'm rusty...AND I had my camera at Vacation Bible School all last week and forgot to put it back in my purse.
So I have no pics of one-year-old Drake, but I'm still going to blog for him. Since he's only one, I'm going to do another acrostic. (Thanks again, Beckie, for the idea!)
D- Darling...What one-year-old isn't, but this is my nephew, so he's extra darling.
R- Round and Round. This is in reference to how he spins in your arms while you're trying to hold him. Seriously, he is a wiggle worm. And he really does just go in circles.
A- Adorable...He's so cute! He smiles a lot and giggles. Maria says that he has this mad Scientist giggle and shake, but I haven't seen it yet.
K- Kissable Cheeks...They're so fluffy! (Name that movie)
E- What you say at the end of his name if you want to call him what everyone in his family calls him, Drak-Ey. I think maybe later he'll have a problem with this one, but for now, it's cute. :) When he's a hockey player later, I don't know that he'll want people calling him Drak-Ey. Maria calls him Drake-a-loo or something like that too.
By the way, I know you love the color scheme of this here blog. Happy Fourth to all and Happy Birthday to Drak-Ey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Last Melon
Guess what?! The last and youngest has turned 18! It's hard to believe. Almost as hard as it is that she'll be leaving for coll...
-
Awhile ago, I came across a blog about The Birthday Project . When you click on that link, you have to scroll up. Anyway, my birthday was ...
-
I don't know what day it is let alone what day quarantine it is. Just kidding. I know it's Monday the 30th. I've been able to...
-
Sooooooo...the question on everyone's mind is..."What's Obama going to do next?" HAHAHA! I should say, for this audience...
Happy Birthday little guy. I know you are in good hands (even if you would rather be down in the thick of it) up there in Canada. Hopefully we get to see lots and lots of you and your brothers, sister, Mother and Father! Oh and try to stay away from that "Hockey" thing. It's just a fad! haha
ReplyDelete