Monday, January 9, 2012

Logan and the Library Friend

At Marley's naptime today I took the other kids out to the library to pick up some books on hold. I was looking at the books I had held and heard Logan talking to another little boy. Here's how it went.

BOY: Oh, you like Mario Brothers? Me too! (Logan was wearing his Mario hat)
LOGAN: Do you like Kirby?
BOY: No, just Mario.
LOGAN: What's your name?
BOY: Jake
LOGAN (running over to Rory): Rory! Rory! His name is Jake! Another Jake! (Sam and Nik currently both have boyfriends named Jake)
LOGAN: Where do you live?
JAKE: I live in FREEDUURRICK (slowly sounding it out). Where do you live?
LOGAN: I live in Maryland.
JAKE: I think that's close to us!
LOGAN: Yeah!

Jake's mom and I were laughing, and I walked away. When we were checking out Logan said bye to Jake. It took us a while checking out because Rory wanted to check out separately from me. Jake and his mom were checking out too.

JAKE: I thought you guys were gone already.
LOGAN: We're leaving now.
JAKE: Give me a high five!
LOGAN: Remember! I live in Maryland and we have a van.
JAKE: Don't leave me hanging. (and they give high fives)

I don't know how old Jake was, but he seemed Logan's age. It was really funny to see, and I thought you all could use the laugh. :)

1 comment:

  1. I got this story when they all got back to the house. It really sounds to me like something our 17 year old daughter, Kaelyn, would say! Time, distance, and the meaning of it all escapes Logan which is really funny to see. They will get it soon enough but there something about keeping the innocence.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...