Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Knifty Knitter

For New Year's we have a tradition of giving gifts as a way of starting the year out nice and fun. Each person normally gets one thing. It's just a little something that is usually a Christmas present that is put on hold. Grandma gave Rory a Knifty Knitter for her New Year's gift.

Have you seen these? I read about it on another blog. The blogger had gotten it for her 8yo daughter. Here's what Rory did when she broke out her Knifty Knitter yesterday.
Isn't that awesome?! And Marley looks so adorable in it. Rory is now taking orders and already has 5 hat requests! We'll be looking online for some different patterns. There's some for scarves and mittens. Thanks, Grandma!

2 comments:

  1. Rory is very excited about this one. She got loads of stuff from everyone but this one special to her (just like all the rest). It's fun to see her sit down and knit something together in no time flat. Nana helped out a little on this one but Rory did it all. Lets say Nana was a cheerleader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I think Rory did an excellent job and my hat might not be at the top of the list but it is up there. She did a fantastic job and I was there as Nana "Cheerleaded" the whole way. She wanted to get done pretty quick and Nana stayed with her tell her how much longer it had to be. Then they knitted off the top and Surprise-- a hat for Marley. A very very pretty hat.

    Good pictures Ms. Blogger. I hope I can model my hat for you soon.
    Papa.

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...