it is dark and frigid cold. The wind is roaring, and the Christmas lights that are still up, are swaying in the wind.
I am thankful for...
my friends. Their support, friendship, and love. It overwhelmed me this weekend.
I am thinking about...
Lent. I'm trying to decide what I'm giving up with Diet Pepsi. My choices are fast food or sweets. (Warning: Considering these are the only two choices and the Diet Pepsi is a definite, I might steer clear of me for about 40 days).
Learning all the time...
We went to bookclub last Wednesday. Rory's group read The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane. I, Last Minute Lucy Bucy, got the book from the library two days before book club thinking it was a picture book. It's a chapter book that's pretty thick, definitely more than 2 days thick. I didn't even crack it open and just told Rory to tell them we didn't read it. We started it last night. Oh my goodness! This book has made us laugh, cry, snarl, and cower. We're on chapter 18 out of 27. Quite honestly I have to fight the urge to read it right now while they're in bed just to see what happens. If you haven't read it and have a child somewhere 2nd-4th grade(that's Rory's age group for book club, but Logan's in K is listening in), pick it up and let me know what you think. I think you'll be glad you did!
From the kitchen...
Dinner is a constant stress. What are the kids going to eat? How are we going to get to the gym and get back in time to make it and eat before we have to go do this? Yes, I have a crock-pot, and I even use it sometimes. Kevin doesn't like much in it though, so I don't use it as often as I would like.
I am creating...
little Zumbistas. I have a CD from my favorite Zumba instructor. The kids put it on and either we do Zumba together or they do it themselves. Rory's making up routines and everything. It's pretty cool to watch how much they love dancing.
I am working on...
being disciplined. It's not working so well. I'm hoping Lent will kick my bottom into gear.
I am going...
on a paper route this week. It's not newspapers though, it's Thirty-One catalogs. Instead of spending money on the postage, if you're close, you're getting one delivered to your door. Feel free to let me know if you want one!
I am hoping...
that God takes mercy on our little family for a little bit...just a little bit. Who am I to ask that?
I am reading...
The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo and the same book about St. Terese. It's slow going.
I am praying for...
so many things and people. I have three prego family/friends that are getting a bulk of my intentions as one of their due dates is almost here.
I am hearing...
The Grammy's. Kevin and I put it on to see if they said anything about Whitney Houston. She apparently passed away last night. May God be with her friends and family.
Around the house...
things are in some order. Parts are getting better and parts are getting worse. I figure that's how I roll, and I just have to breathe and accept it.
One of my favorite things...
Words with Friends. I think that might be on the list of things I give up for Lent too. I'm a word person. English is my best subject. It was bound to happen, but even I know when something has gone too far, and I think I have with this game.
A few plans for the rest of the week...
I'm hoping to actually make it to a piano practice. It's been a couple of weeks. Valentine's day isn't anything special around here, so we're probably spending it at the gym. Nothing says, "I love you," like sweat. :)
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
This child...I just can't tell you what a blessing she is...a loud one...but a blessing nonetheless. :)
Great blog babe. I couldn't agree more on the loud blessing. She is a handful and then some. I said last night that we had such a light winter this is Mother Nature paying us back. I do think though that this little family has been blessed. We are grateful for what we have and if it's His will we will be blessed with more.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the book recommendation! It sounds very familiar. I'm sure Hannah has read it, but now it will be for Olivia to read.
ReplyDelete