M- MEMORIES In almost every single instant of my life that I look back on, my sister is there with me. That wasn't always a good thing since we fought like cats and dogs until we were in high school. There's something bonding about having to ride together to school and singing Jane's Addiction at the top of our lungs. We suddenly got along well...and ever since.
A- ATTENTION TO DETAIL My sister is very organized. On top of wrangling three boys under 7, she manages a business that her and her husband started. I can't get into it because it's that complicated for me, but Ri just has a way about these things. She figures them out, puts them to order, and voila! She also a neat freak, but she doesn't have an "N" in her name, so it's going here. I admire that because I wish I had it...even a little bit.
R- REPUTABLE When we were younger, Maria got good grades, played sports, went to college, never got in trouble...She walked the line. Dita and I? Not so much. Maria didn't rock the boat. She's was an angel, but she was a good kid. Either that or she was more devious than Dita and I and just didn't get caught. That might be it! She's still a by the rules type of person. It's REFRESHING.
I- INTERNATIONAL She's in Canada and that makes me VERY sad. I wanted us to be neighbors and our kids grow up together. Although if I were to be honest, I think our kids would kill each other if they lived next door to one another. Rory and Dale at least. :) Logan and Dayce would be off somewhere playing a video game. Marley probably wouldn't ever put Drake down even though he can walk and such. Along with INTERNATIONAL there is INTELLIGENT, INTERESTING, IMPRESSIVE, INSPIRATIONAL, Etc., Etc.
A- AMAZING/AWESOME While it took a while for us to get along, I can't imagine my life without her. It doesn't matter how long we go without talking, we pick right back up where we left off. She understands things about me in ways that others can't. It's a sibling thing. We are so much alike and different all at the same time. I will forever hold out hope that she will move stateside at some point...or we'll move to Canada, eh? :)
Thank you, Maria, for being a wonderful, supportive, patient, loving, caring, compassionate, understanding, funny (I could just keep going)... listener, friend, and sister. I love you. Happy Birthday!
Sniffle, sniffle....isn't it against some sort of law to make a person cry on her birthday!!!! That is so beautiful and touching. I love you more than you'll EVER know, sis!!
ReplyDeleteGoing with the theme of being late, I thought I would as well. Nora posted the blog late last night and I am just now replying.
ReplyDeleteFor what it's worth, I hope you had a wonderful relaxing day with no computer problems!
There for awhile after Maria moved we had 150 dollar (US mind you) -hehe- a month phone bills. Then we found Vonage. Vonage rocks. Nora was able to call Maria as often as she wanted and talk all she wanted. This of course was in my favor cause I got to play a game while they talked. I kid of course. Maria is a great sister and I wish only the best for those that like to be alone (name that movie).