Monday, May 21, 2012

Weekend Wonders

So this weekend was interesting.  Kevin has a raging sinus infection and got meds on Friday evening.  There was talk of me taking the older girls to the movies and Kevin taking the younger two to the kid festivities at the local strip mall.  That was before he got sick.  Apparently, he popped a pain pill (not one of mine!) and claimed to be fine to take the kids.  I headed out to the dollar theater to see Mirror Mirror with Julia Roberts.  Rory hardly ever gets to watch "older" kid movies because Logan's always around.  So this was a nice treat.  The movie wasn't that bad.  Rory raved about it, and even Kaelyn said she liked it.  Afterwards we went out to lunch at Boston Market.  I LOVE Boston Market and ate it even though it hurt to eat it.  :(

Meanwhile, back on the home front, Kevin and the littles were having a time of it.  I received this photo while in the movies.  
 Kevin said they stood in line for a long time.  When the lady asked Marley what she wanted she said, "I was a T-Rex going down my face."  And that's what she got.  I think it looks awesome and I especially like how the T-Rex's mouth is Marley's mouth.  :)

Saturday night I had a party, so I popped a pill and went about my merry way.  I did not factor in the pill wearing off after all the talking and smiling I had just done.  I got home at 11p in pain.  Sunday I had another party, but I was not the consultant at it.  I was just there for moral support.  It went well, and I came home.  It feels different being home and not going to the gym every night.  I'm thinking I might need to prioritize my activities in the evenings rather than missing too much family time.  This might look like making the gym a part of our days rather than evenings.  

All in all, it's been nice being forced to rest with limited activity.  I like it.  I could do without the whole soft food eating without working out.  I've been living off of pastas and potatoes.  Anyway, that was my weekend.  

1 comment:

  1. Logan, Marley, and I really did have a time of it. I have always been one for period stuff. This was pirate's and they had some people dressed up and acting the part. The others around us seemed just there for the stuff and not the interaction. Us three joked and played with the "performers" while everyone else just kinda smiled and nodded. Oh well their loss right? I asked Logan about a million times if he wanted his face painted as well. He just kept saying no though.....

    ReplyDelete

Two for Two!

  I made it back, and it wasn't that long!  Continuing on with the pic collage of 2026.  Here we roll... January This guy's birthday...